V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 RKC that is now off of warranty.. I know there are a lot of people out there that say pocket the money and I may still do so. T

he question I have is do you know if there are places out there that will "extend" my warranty even though my bike is already out of warranty?

Can anyone recommend a place.. just curious on what the costs would be..
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
It is my understanding that once your bike runs out of warranty, there are no options for extending it.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I hold with the conventional wisdom that extended warranties only exist to make money for the people offering the extended warranties. Why else would they offer them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Short of calling my dealer, is there a HD website to go to see when my bikes warranty ends. I think mine was extended two months shortly after I purchased it but I'm not sure.
Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
MadCity said:
I hold with the conventional wisdom that extended warranties only exist to make money for the people offering the extended warranties. Why else would they offer them?
Do you mean to tell me that profit is generated from the sale of goods and services???? Oh my God, that's just wrong!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
But many times the profit is generated by denying claims for ant number of reasons, kind of like an HMO. If you didn't have trouble with it it the first 2 years, you have a keeper, and don't need it. The only thing that those warrantees do is keep you from making it faster.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
there are many companies that offer service contracts for motorcycles, atvs and automobiles. just type in a search for motorcycle service contracts and have fun with the results...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts