V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley MP3 gives new meaning to Solid State

The Harley Davidson brand packs a whallop - currently rated in the Top 50 most valuable brands in the world, it's most potent attribute is loyalty. How many other brands does one find tattooed on a customer's chest? And that is no isolated incident - just ask down at the local tattoo parlour. The HD logo regularly finds its way onto biceps too.

So if you wanted a solid, no-sissies, reliable, dependable, chromed MP3 player, where would you go?

The genuine Harley Davidson Road Tech MP3/WMA Digital Music Player is designed so it can be operated while wearing thick leather gloves while riding a motorcycle.

The four large soft-touch buttons are back-lit and the unit has an illuminated LCD display so that if you really do need to take your eyes off the road to scroll through the playlist or turn it up for "Born to be Wild," you can do it at night too.

Another advantage of the solid state design for motorcycles is there are no moving parts so the music is skip-free on rough roads compared to the CD player.

Unfortunately, it works with Harley equippe only at this stage. The complete kit includes: Road Tech HA90 MP3/WMA Digital Music Player, housing assembly in choice of chrome or black, USB 2.0 SD card reader/writer with engraved "Bar & Shield" logo, USB connection cable for your PC, 64 MB Secure Digital (SD) memory card, wiring harness and installation hardware and operation manual. System Requirements are as follows: Windows 98 SE or later version operating system and USB port. Available in black too, both at US$299.95

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
The buttons are the only thing special. Many MP3 players (in fact most of the original ones) are solid state.

iPod Shuffle, and anything else that uses a memory card.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Sounds cool, but that 64mb SD card will only hold that one "Born To Be Wild" tune. I like to have at least 3 songs when I ride. I know larger ones can be had, but for $299, I would think I could get 2 to 4 GB... oops forgot, it does have the bar and shield... who needs music when you have that. lol.

That probably sounded a little negative.... cause it was.

Too bad it doesn't work with iTunes... or does it. I think the Nano sounds like a better deal. I'll get a peel and stick logo for $5.00 and 4 gb for less money.... probably smaller too.

Got a link for us?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
My Ipod Nano 2 GB works for me. Holds around 500 tunes. I do find if I'm listening to the right song my riding can get aggressive. :brows:

Thorns

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to all you above

yes, but, yours don't say "HD" on it and they don't fit on your handlebars matching your other switches. Blend, boys, blend.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I looked at harleys new radio, very pricey $1000. it does play mp3s, so if you had a radio in your bike that played mp3 cds you could have around 150 songs per cd. I'm not sure if other brand stereos fit into a harley fairing or if there's other makers stereos that fit, if so that would be my option. I converted all my and my wifes cds to mp3 format on cds. along with downloaded music. i put 200 cds and all downloaded music on 30 cds with room to spare for future music purchases.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Fred1369 said:
How many other brands does one find tattooed on a customer's chest? And that is no isolated incident - just ask down at the local tattoo parlour. The HD logo regularly finds its way onto biceps too.
Wonder if the Moco has plans to collect royalties on all of these tatts?
(I bet they have thought about it...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
The HA90 option is much better, as it is hard wired into the bike. I upgraded mine to a 1 GB memory card that holds over 200 MP3's. When I get tired of that one, I have another waiting in the trunk.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I agree.....

The HA90 option is much better, as it is hard wired into the bike. I upgraded mine to a 1 GB memory card that holds over 200 MP3's. When I get tired of that one, I have another waiting in the trunk.
Must be me :dunno:but the HD mMP3 add on player is one of the very FEW HD accessories that I am satisfied with.
I also upgraded the card to the largest one I could find.
It's been in there 2 years now with the same music.

Ride Free, Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The buttons are the only thing special. Many MP3 players (in fact most of the original ones) are solid state.

iPod Shuffle, and anything else that uses a memory card.
actually...they are all solid state...the point they were trying to make mentioning solid state is that there are no moving discs or tapes to create problems...they were by no means trying to convince anyone that theirs was solid state and others werent...

is it difficult to understand that a great deal of the moco success story is that they have captured their own accessory market?

the reason hd markets these things is that somebody is going to and they feel that they would like to collect the money for it instead of some other company...

a few years ago you had to go to the aftermarket if you wanted custom wheels or a toneau cover for your car or truck...now the manufacturers offer several choices for their own vehicles to prevent the business from going to the aftermarket...it gives them another opportunity to make money at or after the sale...

they arent offering anything different from anyone else...they are taking an opportunity to increase revenue by offering it themselves...

·
Registered
207 Posts
64 MB Secure Digital (SD) memory card :woohoo: not

A 64MB is getting hard to find any more its so old. One gig can easily be had for under $10, with 2 gig going for around $15. The new SDHC with 8gig are great but probaly incompatable with anything that started out as a 64MB. Even my last digital camera came with 512MB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts