V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Sport Shield in dark gray. Nice shield. Took er for a spin -- even though it lets plenty of wind pass, it doesn't buffet like a stock shield. I noticed they have a foam padding in place for the inner fairing rub. Looks like it'll work too!

And (for those who have one) how about their recycled packing material??!! I'm guessing it's free, but not sure they're saving any money due to the weight. And, not really recycling except for one trip to the end user who just throws it away. eh, no big deal, just talkin..

Attachments

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
That looks bitchin. How long did it take to get it?

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a couple days - they had it in stock. i've been waiting since early july for a touring windshield but they're having some kind of a manufacturing problem with the light tint. so, i got this one while i'm waiting. bitchin. love it!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Hey PR3, when you say it lets wind pass, what kind of wind are we talking about? With the curve is it enough to get up over your head in that short size or is it right in your face? Wonder if they have one maybe an inch or two taller in the dark tint...
Oh yeah, for reference, how tall are you?

Also, what are those bars you're running?

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
… and please excuse yourself when you let wind pass.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the kudos! i have a low slung danny gray seat on order to go with the look.

adlerx, the wind (FRESH AIR!) feels smooth if that makes any sense. I'm used to the buffeting from HD's stock windshield and you don't get that with this. It's pretty much chest high & up (I'm 6'2). Definitely not directed right at my face.

the bars are Khrome Werks #300504, $64. http://www.khromewerks.com/

Width = 31.57"
Base = 8.5"
Rise = 10.92"
Pullback = 7.54"
Pullback angle = 104.27°

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered a light tint one for my Road Glide on May 29th! They call every now and again and give me the same excuse about the problems with their tint. In two weeks it will be a FOUR month wait!
Gary D.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G-money said:
I ordered a light tint one for my Road Glide on May 29th! They call every now and again and give me the same excuse about the problems with their tint. In two weeks it will be a FOUR month wait!
Gary D.
I'm frustrated too, but, it's not an "excuse". It's a production problem. With the tint in the compound, my understanding is that it forms little bubble looking indentations on the surface. You can buy one if you want @ 20% discount (blem). I'd guess Clearview is having a much tougher time dealing with this than you or I -- and they're good enough to call and/or e-mail with updates.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
I'm frustrated too, but, it's not an "excuse". It's a production problem. With the tint in the compound, my understanding is that it forms little bubble looking indentations on the surface. You can buy one if you want @ 20% discount (blem). I'd guess Clearview is having a much tougher time dealing with this than you or I -- and they're good enough to call and/or e-mail with updates.
Hey PR3, what do they call that shield on your bike? Because the tint looks darker but there is no info on the "sport" shield or the dark grey anywhere I can find on their website short of a price for the sport...
thanks.
"X"

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's exactly right -- I had to call them about it, called the SPORT SHIELD. Don't ask me why it's not on their site. There are 2 very similar dark tints - mine is dark gray, and the other is smoke (has a bronze shade). The pic below is the smoke. It also comes solid black - opaque.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
That's exactly right -- I had to call them about it, called the SPORT SHIELD. Don't ask me why it's not on their site. There are 2 very similar dark tints - mine is dark gray, and the other is smoke (has a bronze shade). The pic below is the smoke. It also comes solid black - opaque.
Thanks buddy! I pick my 08 RG up tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts