V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a buddy wants to put cams in an 07 Ultra Classic, says hed like more top end

·
Registered
112 Posts
Go to S&S website and check out some of their cams. I am running the S&S 583 cams in my 09 Streetglide because I wanted the best of both worlds. They have dyno sheets on their cams and also have suggestions as well. Alot of guys on here use Andrews cams as well but their website kinda sucks.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so looking around I got the 26h and 48h from andrews the S&S 510. He says hes not doing big bore, maybe hemi heads. He has the SERT on the bike already

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about Harley cams

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also see on here about the SE 255, SO of the choices available and what the guy is looking for what cams should I really be looking at. I know I can get the Andrews Cams $250 new the SE looks like in the $300 range new

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Also see on here about the SE 255, SO of the choices available and what the guy is looking for what cams should I really be looking at. I know I can get the Andrews Cams $250 new the SE looks like in the $300 range new
Top end power and SE 255 cams never collide in the same sentence, nor do Andrews 26's or 48's. Andrews 37's or 54's in his bike will probably give him what he wants without killing his bottom end.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did 54's w 4* advance in my Night Train but I plan on doing big bore soon. My bottom end is about the same maybe a little softer but about 3500rpm it kicks in hard. Didnt know if that would be the same in the big bike. I was told not to do the 54 because of the stock compression, but did them because of the future big bore upgrade. See this is where all the trouble comes in, so many cam choices which is the right one

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Go to S&S website and check out some of their cams. I am running the S&S 583 cams in my 09 Streetglide because I wanted the best of both worlds. They have dyno sheets on their cams and also have suggestions as well. Alot of guys on here use Andrews cams as well but their website kinda sucks.
Hey you have a dyno sheet on that 103 posted?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Got a buddy wants to put cams in an 07 Ultra Classic, says hed like more top end
Ok more top end?
So we talking, moving the curve to the right?
Or just being able to pull more wot mph?
I. can tell you this the 204s will do both,in a stock 96:
My bike when it was stage 1 would only do 100 mph in 6th gear.
you could hold it wot all day and that was it 100is mph
you could downshift to 5ththe and pull up to 115the pretty easy.
I bolted in the 204s and tuned. It would now run 115 mph in 6th. Wot that was it all she wanted. Downshift to 5ththe and run it. Lol
they will run 132 mph @ 6000 rpm in 5th if you have the hp to pull it.
so anyway if more top end means speed....then adding hp is how to get it.
And about any bolt in cam will do that.
if he truly wants to see to swing to the right. Then 204's 254's 37's will do that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts