V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 e-glide that I use mostly for touring (two up). At some point
I would like to upgrade to either a 26g or a 37g cam. I already have
95" S/E Kit. Which cam would be the best if I leave the heads stock?

Thanks

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well with out more info hard to make that desecion for you. But if you really do not ro over 3000 rpm and plan no head work then I would lean towards the 26, if you are touring on the hwy and are over the 3000 mark on a regular basis than the 37 will have more to offer. Again you did not list the items you have now. Need more info what pipes, carb , efi. and so on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAM QUestions?

Thanks, HDwrench for the quick response. I guess I should have given you more info.

95" S/E
Fuel Injected
Vance & Hines Slip- ons
S/E Air Cleaner

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
It is ok. When I get calls and all most everyone ask the same question you do I then in return ask about 6-8 questions on how they ride where, two up and so on. I like the 26 as a no frills bolt in cam in the baggers with mild upgrades works great. The 204 is nice SE bolt in and I have seen some good results with it as well.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Good timing on this post. I have a 04 EG with Supertrap 2:1, cv40 and stage 1 SE 95. I live at 3300 feet and ride in the Mountains 2 up and put on ~20,000 miles a year. I am running stock HG's and do want to pull my heads.(I have never pinged and occassionaly get stuck with 85 octaine gas). I am looking for roll on power in the 65-90mph range and like to cruise at 75-80mph. so 204's or 26's or something else? For me cost plays a big roll because my wife thinks just buying the bike was enough to last a life time. thanks jeff

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The WRENCH pretty much has it covered. If you do like cranking it up on the highway, though, just pulling the heads to get the thinner head gaskets on will raise the compression ratio which is just what the 37 responds to. And, of course, while their off????............ a little massaging comes in handy, too. I believe that the WRENCH is working on a new combo for this type of build as we speak (type, peck, rant, etc.)!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts