V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffer from the notorius swishing sound on the front brakes of my road king. I just got done replacing the caliper seals and brake pads but the pads still do not seam to retract enough away from the rotors. My question is this, When reinstalling the brake pads, do the pad pins get some lubrication or never seeze? And should the anti-rattle spring be replaced? OK, that was two questions. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated, the noise drives me crazy.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Swishing sound? Has your bike been to see "Brokeback Mountain?" :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

Seriously, no anti sneeze or anything on the pad pins. It will attract dirt. Take them out and polish them on a wire wheel. Or, chuck them up in a drill and wrap a piece of 220 grit sand paper around them and shine them that way. Swishing ain't rattlin' so leave the clip alone for now. 'Course they're only a couple o' bucks, so for your own piece of mind you can replace them.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Lyndall-Z pads.
Swooshing....gone!

Order from Lyndall directly, mention this board and get a 10% discount.

YB

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the Z pads installed. Will take the pins back out and really shine them, before reinstalling them, I gave them the once over with some scotchbrite pad but will do it again. Thanks for the tips.

Brokeback mountain :thumbsdn:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After taking the pins out and shining them up, I went for a ride today and NO NOISE!!! :banana:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts