V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,
Just poking my nose in from over here in Oz, I'm Sydney born and bred, and still living here, I have ridden bikes since I was 12, and since the day I was old enough to get my licence there is not on day in the 28 years since, that I have not owned a registered bike. I have owned just about everything over the years, 2 Hondas, 2 Yamaha's, 1 Kawasaki, 1 Ducati, 2 Triumph's, even had a Bonneville Trike for a few years, and an old Royal Enfield. I have ridden Harleys for the last 16 years, had 2 shovel FLH's, 1 Iron Head Sporty, and my present ride is a 1986 FXRS which I have had for about 5-1/2 yrs. I love it, I will probably have it for many years to come. I love having a Harley that pisses the *** riders off by keeping up with them in the twisties (when we get to the straights they leave me behind, but that is another story!) This thing handles like nothing I've ever ridden. It has quite a few modifications, but everything I do to it has to conform to my strict rule that it has to either enhance or at least not affect in any way that great handling that got me hooked on FXR,s in the first place, or it doesnt get done. I will post some pictures when I get all my posting priveledges. I have ridden extensively in many countries of the world. I am a committed Christian, a member of the Salvation Army, and I work 2 jobs, I work 2 or 3 days a week as a casual in the Funeral Industry (Conductor/Hearse Driver/ Pall Bearer/ mortuary assistant) and the rest of the time I work for myself as a Handyman doing almost anything and everything (painting/concreting/carpentry/fencing/gardening/bricklaying etc etc). I have been married for 19 years and have 2 sons, 15 and 17 years old. Well thats about it for me, I probably raved on a bit, but it said to tell you a bit about myself so I did!!

bigboppa:D

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thedog said:
Welcome to the forum, BigBoppa
Thank you! I have read a few threads and posted a few pics of the bike and the place looks pretty cool so far.

bigboppa

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geoffreyt said:
Welcome to you in Australia. I guess its getting to be good riding there about now.
Thanks Geoffrey, Yes we have been getting some good riding weather, sometimes its a bit hot though, and here in Sydney we get a lot of humidity which makes it worse, because you sweat so much in your jacket that you are literally swimming in there and if you take it off you get slowly roasted. But I cant complain I suppose it could be worse , I could have been born in Alaska or Siberia or some God-Forsaken place like that where you freeze your gonads off for 12 months of the year!!

bigboppa

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Welcome Bigboppa - I'm in Brisvegas, I'm with you on the heat thing. I love winter riding much more so, there's about 2 weeks where it's almost too cold, but the other surrounding months are beautiful. Summer makes my ass sweat too much lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts