V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my bike with a fresh build from Thunderbird HD in Albuquerque (formerly Chick's HD). First time they worked with Dewey's heads and they were impressed. Peak torque (tuned) on fresh build is 104 foot pounds with 92max HP. According to Dewey, build should get slightly stronger as the engine breaks in. I'm very pleased.

05 flhti
95 inch cylinders and se flat tops.
Deweys pro-street heads (9.8 cr)
Andrews 37g cams
Baisley spring
Wild Pig slip-ons

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No advance key

I'm not using an advance key. I believe the profile across rpm levels is roughly similar to other dynos posted on Dewey's website for the 37g without an advance.

http://www.deweyspegs.com/dynos.html

When you click on a build, it launches a small box (top left of the screen on my machine) which needs to be opened to observe the dyno.

Regards,
John

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Congrats, looks like a fun bike to ride......I love the torque curve.This build look worthy of his website.

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
schatz32,

My build sounds similar to yours (and will be completed in the next week or so) with the exception of the slip-ons, mine are SE. Dewey said I may want to open the baffle up 1/16". He said it won't affect the torque curve but will increase the HP. The guy doing the tuning said that would have been his suggestion as well, in fact I was the first customer to suggest that to him. I love it when everyone is on the same page. If my numbers come back similar to yours, we'll both be happy campers..........?prty:

Your Sig does not say whether you are using the SERT or Power Commander

Enjoy the ride..........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zipper's filter

Dewey called a few weeks ago and told me to get the new Zipper's air filter. Put in on today and noticed a bit more power. Good luck with your build. You should get all the power you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.