V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which year/model TCs came with 3.37:1 gears stock?

Thanks,

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question...

Will there be any press work required on the clutch hub/basket?

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Duoglide_62 said:
Does anyone know which year/model TCs came with 3.37:1 gears stock?

Thanks,
I believe 2001 Road King Classics and Ultra Classics.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This part of the quote confuses me. I have an '02 Deuce and the quote seems to skip the '02. I am wondering, do I need to remove the primary to verify or do I NOT have the 3.37 from the factory?

I have a new comp sprocket but am wating to order the Clutch Basket.

"quote from little bear"
#37846-99a came on all 1999 HD EFI models and was first introduced in 1999 as per the "-" designator. It was used on 2000, 2001 and EFI models but no longer used in 2003 when all models got the 3.15 gearing.
To go to 3.37 gearing you also need P/N 40269-85A countershaft sprocket which was used on all HD models through 1993 then only on the later EFI models through 2001.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
sorry about that there todd littlebear and myself are trying to narrow all this down. it seems efi bikes and baggers had 337 up to 2001. 2002 models all went to 315 all models.
Only the EFI baggers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let us know how it goes and if there are any gotchas to look for. I have an 03 FI Heritage I am going to try it on in the next month if I can get some time off on the weekends. I have read all the posts I can find here and on other sites. I try to lurk and learn as much as possible and heard the tricks on breaking the loctite 262, the torque methods on the comp. nut, I also have the service manual, but first hand exp. from someone first timing it always helps. Good Luck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I did the 95" upgrade and Gear drive cam install myself. And, at the same time, installed a new drive belt. Mechanically I will have no problems. I just hope I am impressed with the upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts