V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Duoglide_62 said:
Does anyone know which year/model TCs came with 3.37:1 gears stock?

Thanks,
I believe 2001 Road King Classics and Ultra Classics.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This part of the quote confuses me. I have an '02 Deuce and the quote seems to skip the '02. I am wondering, do I need to remove the primary to verify or do I NOT have the 3.37 from the factory?

I have a new comp sprocket but am wating to order the Clutch Basket.

"quote from little bear"
#37846-99a came on all 1999 HD EFI models and was first introduced in 1999 as per the "-" designator. It was used on 2000, 2001 and EFI models but no longer used in 2003 when all models got the 3.15 gearing.
To go to 3.37 gearing you also need P/N 40269-85A countershaft sprocket which was used on all HD models through 1993 then only on the later EFI models through 2001.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let us know how it goes and if there are any gotchas to look for. I have an 03 FI Heritage I am going to try it on in the next month if I can get some time off on the weekends. I have read all the posts I can find here and on other sites. I try to lurk and learn as much as possible and heard the tricks on breaking the loctite 262, the torque methods on the comp. nut, I also have the service manual, but first hand exp. from someone first timing it always helps. Good Luck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I did the 95" upgrade and Gear drive cam install myself. And, at the same time, installed a new drive belt. Mechanically I will have no problems. I just hope I am impressed with the upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.