V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 FLHX. Last week the display went blank. I went to the HD dealer today in my car and told them about it and they gave me a CD to use and update the software. I came home and read the directions and it stated that the software is not to correct problems that already exist. In the directions it is clear that the display must be working to perform the update. I tried removing the maxifuse for 10 minutes to see if the radio resets but nothing. Do I need a new radio? If not, what do I do now?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The bike is under full waranty. Make an appointment with the Dealer and bring it in. If they can't fix it, require them to replace it............

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am sure you did this but check the display option and increase the level of viewing.I was showing some buds my radio and didn't realize that I accidently changed the setting.I thought I had messed the unit,duh?I finally reallized what I did and fixed the problem,Hope this helps abit...Danny

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What twohats said. You can actually change the contrast of the radio so the display come invisible...The the operators manual for the sequence of buttons to push for changing the contrast. It is difficult because you cant see the display.

Doug

·
Registered
315 Posts
TWOHATS said:
I am sure you did this but check the display option and increase the level of viewing.I was showing some buds my radio and didn't realize that I accidently changed the setting.I thought I had messed the unit,duh?I finally reallized what I did and fixed the problem,Hope this helps abit...Danny
I did the same thing with my radio.

The day I was planning to bring my bike down to swap-out the radio, I held-down the display button a little longer than usual, and the display returned.

I felt a little stupi........

nummy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep, I did the same thing 2 weeks ago. Read the manual and got my display back. I think you need to turn on the unit and push the left audio controll on the handlebar 4 times and then adjust the contrast by moving the control up or down. It's in the manual, but kind of hard to get the display back when it's cleared out !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts