06 FLHXI
Stage II
Race Tuner
SE 95" Juggs
SE Flat Top Pistons
SE251 Cams
SE Performance Heads
Rinehart True Duals

Bike wants to run a little rough below 2500 rpm? Nothing horrible, just what seems like a hesitation or more of a miss. Noticable at lower speeds. I know what your thinking, stay above 2500 rpm. Even in lower gears trying to keep rpm 's up it wants to miss slightly. Bike isn't running to fat according to dyno.
Bike runs great above 30 mph.

Is it the Cams?
Cam Lope?
Intake Leak?
Bad Tune on Dyno?
06 Sert?

Option 1. always ride above 30 mph!:duh?:

Like I said i'ts not horrible but this is my 3rd Twin Cam bike, and I've never had this. I took bike back to Dealer (Motor Builder) and they put it on the dyno and road tested it and claim everything is OK???

Any Ideas, Zen

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

No Ideas????

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Did you get a print out with the afr.....If that is off, then the bike WILL NOT run as it is supposed to. If you do have one, post it and let us see it. I am sure one of us can come up with something...It may also be a combination of things going on at once......

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afr

The afr is spot on! I don't have a scanner but the air and fuel is spot on.

Reno HD did the work. The motor was built in September and I understand Harley introduced a new sert compatible with the 06 Streetglide sometime in October? I am not real understanding of the sert and if this effects my bike with a Race Tuner. My understanding is the sert will give a starting point for tuning? I also have heard the previous sert wouldn't recognize the vin on the FLHXI? I must admit I am over my head. Would it be worth downloading the new sert and getting it back on the dyno?

Confused Zen

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
zenwee said:

Reno HD did the work. The motor was built in September and I understand Harley introduced a new sert compatible with the 06 Streetglide sometime in October? I am not real understanding of the sert and if this effects my bike with a Race Tuner. My understanding is the sert will give a starting point for tuning? I also have heard the previous sert wouldn't recognize the vin on the FLHXI? I must admit I am over my head. Would it be worth downloading the new sert and getting it back on the dyno?

Confused Zen
SERT is the race tuner, Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does this mean I need a new Race Tuner or can they upload the new map?

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
I think we're trying to figure out exactly what you have. Do you have a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner? If so, you will have a dongle, which is a small oblong black box that connects between your bike and your computer. It will not be permanently attached to your bike. You will also have software that came with it, and a manual.
You don't replace a Race Tuner, you only change maps, which are downloaded from your computer to the ECM on your bike via the dongle.
If you had a dealer do a Stage II map on your bike, you don't have a Race Tuner, you only have a map installed. You need to get someone to tweak it to your bike. You will have to buy the SERT (about $350) and get a laptop and load it yourself.
You can get lots of help here in the EFI forum. It's not that complicated - I did it and haven't blown anything up yet.
Good luck!

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Has it always been this way since the build, or is it something that has just came on.

If it just started happening, it sounds like a vacuum leak.

Chris

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sert, duh, screamin eagle race tuner. My bike has the tuner (sert).

1) Is it the map download that originally did not work with my model causing the miss even after the bike was dynoed (done in sept.)?

2)Would the newly released map available in Oct. work this low end miss out allowing a more precise dyno?

3) Or is it simply the Tech doing the dyno?? Remember, took it back to the dealer, back on the dyno for 2 hrs. Tech claimed everything OK after road test?

It has been this way from day one. As the motor has broke in it continues to run better, but still has the low end miss.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
zenwee said:

my thoughts exactly SEDELUXE, thats why i asked for a printout.....If you have no scanner , what is the range of the afr......is it a pretty strait line or does it have peaks and valleys????just tryin to help

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Never Said Stage II download. Yes to the Stage II 95 Motor. With a Race Tuner you still start with a Map. The Dealer Spent three + hours on the Dyno trying to dial it in after first 1000 miles. Hell I watched the whole process. Rumour is 2006 FLHXI with a Race Tuner installed had issues, requiring dealers to improvise. Again, I took it back to dealer early October and again on the dyno for 2 + hours with similar results again watching the whole process. Late Oct. HD released a fix??? Anyone familiar with this??? This is just a slight miss but spending good money on the dyno and a chunk for the motor build, it should run perfectly!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309080659&bmUID=1136159623498&bmLocale=en_US

got to wifes scanner:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
One beauty of the SERT is it gives you (or the wrench) access to data logged. I would be looking at timing and signs of system retarding happening. This can cull power fast. It takes an experenced tuner that is SERT knowlegable to dial one of these in especially at altitude and not have a pinging mess when you go to Sact.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wow! I have no doubt that my 2000 TC with a Mukuni, modiefied 88 to 95" cylinders and heads, Geardrive cams,Roller rockers, and Thunderheader, will spank any comparible Screaming Seagull 2006 with all the computer fubar. That is, if they can get it running!:brows:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts