V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the starter, it cranked right up and I was dancing in the driveway. This was my first attempt at anything like this and it has been a very satisfying experience. I want to thank HARLEY HOG for the details on his site that gave me the confidence to think I could actually do this and HDWRENCH for his kit that had everything I needed. I bought the tools from GEORGE'S GARAGE and they worked perfectly. I read everything I could on this site dealing with each aspect of the build, saved notes and just took my time. As others have said, the biggest problem is constantly second guessing yourself when you are doing it for the first time. I am already thinking about HDRENCH's 98" kit for my Ultra.

I had so much fun doing this build that if it didn't crank I would have enjoyed going back in to figure out why.

2000 FLHRI
GMR Performance 95" kit, head work and gear drive 31g cams
Baisley spring
Hooker 2n1 tuned flow pipe
PC111r

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
fcoxwell said:
II had so much fun doing this build that if it didn't crank I would have enjoyed going back in to figure out why.

QUOTE]
Sure you would. Hope to join the ranks soon. I have to admit part of why I am doing thsi is bragging rights, not on the power, but I did it myself.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a beautiful day today and I plan on getting a lot of miles in. I already have the dyno time scheduled. The custom map I already have seems adequate for break in, so far, but I am really looking forward to being able to do some WOT runs after the dnyo tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts