V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some maintenance done on my bike when the Service Manager of the dealership pointed out something I hadn't noticed on the 2003 models before: Harley has cast a little "winged bar and shield" outline right into the crankcase of all the 2003 engines. There is a little 100th Anniversary badge that is glued in there.

I figure this is one way the motor company is stopping unscrupulous folks from buying 100th badges and trim pieces and creating fake Anniversary bikes. Of course, this doesn't apply to any of the motorcycles built by H-D during its own 14-month 2003 production run.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hmmm, never thought of that. I've seen it, it is quite small, you almost have to look for it. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, but I wonder how many of those 'glued in' bar and shield badges
will get ripped off the 100th aniversary bikes. Since its just glue, I'm
sure its easy enough to stick a car key or small flat head screw driver
under the medallion and pop it right off.
nickp.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I for one won't be stealing any.

If all somebody wants is a 2002 style bike with 100th badges on it he doesn't need to bother with all that work...Harley already sells it....it's called a 2003 bike. yeah yeah, I know...the softails have a 150 tire........

·
Registered
268 Posts
Speaking of the 150 tire... Didn't the Deuce use to have a 160, and now its a 150 along with the rest of the softails? Whats up with that?

·
Registered
268 Posts
So, the 03 Deuce will still have a 160? I have a Deuce scheduled to come in about a month. However, I have yet to see an 03 Deuce in person. Under specs and pricing on the H-D website it says that it has a 150 rear tire. That must be wrong though (im hoping anyway).

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Deuce442, I believe you are correct. I read here quite a while ago that the rear tire was incorrectly stated on the website. I can't imagine why they haven't corrected it yet. Can't recall having seen the regular Deuce yet, just the SE version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts