V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a local wrench to work on my bike -- specifically install a number of upgrade parts that I am in the process of purchasing...

I refuse to take it to the stealer for non-HD accessories... Last time they installed my Joker Machine levers all I had to hear about is how less quality they are from HD product and how hard they are to get to work... :wacko:

I'm over it... Just want to find someone local who is looking for some extra cash.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Why don't you do it yourself? There are plenty of guys here in NoVA that have done our own motor upgrades. Get you a service manual for your model bike and you're set. Hell, some of us might have what you need already.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am familiar with all the local shops -- including Eastern... I'll leave my comments about them to myself...

With regard to why I don't do it myself... A couple of reasons -- time and space. My time is more important to me -- I'd rather pay someone to do the work at this point. Did it plenty in the past -- just don't have the time anymore... It is kinda sad but it is what it is...

I am actually looking more for a guy with a garage who has the tools AND time AND is looking to make some cash on the side...

Thanks for the responses and any help.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
RagininMD said:
I am familiar with all the local shops -- including Eastern... I'll leave my comments about them to myself...

With regard to why I don't do it myself... A couple of reasons -- time and space. My time is more important to me -- I'd rather pay someone to do the work at this point. Did it plenty in the past -- just don't have the time anymore... It is kinda sad but it is what it is...

I am actually looking more for a guy with a garage who has the tools AND time AND is looking to make some cash on the side...

Thanks for the responses and any help.
what kind of work would you like someone to do to it? I'm like you, I'd rather not pay the stealership to do the work. I do it all myself in my own garage.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 04 FLSTCi that has the bags removed, windshield off, solo seat, V&H Sideshot pipes, Wild1 knuckle bars with all chrome controls, levers, etc. It actually gets compliments quite a bit -- simple and clean. I'll have to post a pic at some point... Anyway...

While the knuckle bars look cool, I can't stand them anymore -- just not comfortable enough. Unfortunately I spent the $ to have the wires run through the bars but oh well... So I just ordered Carlini 1 1/2" 13" Apes with one piece risers, HD bushings, etc. Those will need to be installed as well as the lines run through the bars. I am going to need the lines all measured and then order steel braided lines to be installed...

I am chroming the entire front end - fork lowers, lower covers and the smooth fork cover... To be installed...

I have the Progressive fork lowering kit on order along with the 413 series shocks -- all need to be installed.

Performance Machine FR & RR chrome calipers. New pro polish rotors. Still working on the wheels -- know what I want just haven't found where to order... 18" 40 (or maybe 60) spoke wheels -- black rims and hubs with SS spokes. Those will need to installed along with a new chrome, smooth pulley.

Forcewinder XR-2 breather kit...

So all that above I would need installed... I am going handle some of the less time consuming stuff such as new floor boards, turn signals, etc. as the products come in...

Most of the above items have been ordered are in the process of being shipped. What has not been ordered will be ordered today\tomorrow. I am still figuring the wheel situation out as mentioned...

I am going to have the stealer do a couple of things when I take the sled in for the 5K service that I need to schedule today. The flush mount gauge and gas cap and a new speedo...

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
SWDONAHUE said:
Eastern is in gambrill md and theier is a guy in NOVA that is real good ,in springfield
Who is their guy in Springfield??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts