V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 FLH with 80 Cu in heads and Jugs....a highway cam...and a Andrews Flowmaster/Keihin Carb. My problem is finding info amd help with rebuilding this carb....IE Rebuild Kits....I cant find any info online...and cant ever find info from the harley sites....till i found this site...Hope someone can help. or is it time to retire this carb?...not that i can afford another but all comments will be appreciated...Thanks...
Gator

·
Registered
7 Posts
This may sound dumb but have you tried contacting the manufacturer at a web site? The carb is probably just a variation of a standard product with a jet change that was offered back then. Most manufacturers don't like tooling up for something that is really different from what they already offer, they just do a variation and call it "limited edition" like a motor company that shall remain nameless. If the throat size is 42-44mm and you have an accelerator pump then it might be worth the time to rebuild it or just swap a couple of jets if you're not happy with the performance. Compare what you got (the number of jet circuits) to what you would have to pay a few hundred for new. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
158 Posts
S&S

If you can't get that carb working right a S&S Super E would be a great option. You can pick them up on EBAY new for big discounts.

You can try www.directparts.com for a good deal on a new one in the box.

I think the web site is www.mikuniusa.com or www.mikuni.com

You can also look for help at www.nightrider.com

A good local shop for you in Sanford is Scooters on 17-92 or All Cycle which is just down the street from them right by the lake.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Years ago I ran an Andrews flowmaster and never could get it to run like I wanted, I heard the original design was meant for a two stroke snowmobile . I think I still have the carb lieing around somewhere and may have the instructions. Andrews is the same company that makes Andrews cams I believe, so you may want to check with them. They are at WWW.andrewsproducts.com. If they can't help or no one else helps ping me at [email protected] and I'll see if I still have the instructions for the carb.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If all else fails you can identify Keihin carbs by the numbers stamped on them.

THESE guys have more carb parts then anyone I know. If you navigate the site there is a lot of info on the different models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts