V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mtclassic said:
I might have a chance to get a 37G cam at a good price. I am concerned that it is too much for a bagger with stock heads. Currently have 95 inch flattops, CV40 and Trapp 2:1. I am looking for passing power in the 65-90mph range and normally shift at 3500 or higher. I know the 21 and 26 are better suited for stock heads, but if any one has experience with the 37 in a bagger with stock heads I would like to hear from you...good or bad. thanks jeff
They will work just fine in your setup. I have them in my '01 Ultra which I converted to a CV40. I also have the 95" setup with stock heads. You may not get maximum performance without some head work but how do you know what you're missing when you never had it to begin with. They certainly won't hinder your performance in any way. I am pulling extra weight as our Ultra is now a trike plus I put the 3.15 gearing in it for better cruising with lower rpm. We travel all over the country two up and loaded down with our gear. The thing pulls like a tractor. Another thing to remember, if you put them in now, at least you will have them if down the road you want to do head work. I'm very happy with them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.