V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Anther proud owner here. Picked up this '82 fxrs 2 years ago. Spent last year tearing it down, rebuilding, replacing and cleaning up almost everthing on her. Broke her in last fall and can't wait to get her on the road this spring. I am looking forward to chatting with you all on this forum.

Shiny side up

Canuck Rider

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
The fxrs was one of the best rides that H/D ever built. You should be proud.;)

Welcome to the H/D Forum.

Looking forward to more posts.

Oh, did anyone tell ya' that the new guy buys the beer?:p

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey DA (you don't mind me calling you DA do ya?), looks like your hard work paid off....that's one fine scootter you have. Glad you found us. We are looking forward to chatting with you too.

Later,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey... thanks for the warm welcome!

Just when I thought Spring was in the sights, a crazy winter storm blew in. We went from +15 celcius yesterday to blizzard and -9 celcius today. OUCH!!! I understand many of you US guys are allready riding.

Cheers
Canuck Rider

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome DA! Nice lookin' ride. The first "modern" Harley I ever rode was an FXR. Kinda thinkin' about pickin' one up and.......nah, the ol' lady will never go for another one! Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Sheepboy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,

Thanks again. It's a funny story how I got this bike. I had ridden a few Rice runners back in college and allways dreamed of owning a Harley. A good friend of mine called me up one day and said he had a really good deal on this fxrs where he was - 1 province away. I personally prefer the look of the older Fl's. '68 - '69 etc. I looked all over and really couldn't find a pic of what this bike looked like. Bravely, I trusted my buddy, and sent out the deposit cheque. He mailed me a pick of it, as it was - stored in a barn for 2 years. Sent out the balance and picked her up 2 months later. I didn't actually see it in person till the day I showed up with the trailer. Pretty crazy eh!!!

Here it what she looked like when I first got it.

I still find it kinda hard to believe that I finally got one. Now, I want to pick up an older one... maybe another shovel or pan and build up a slow ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts