V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a born Jamaican, still living at home. I ride a 1988 Honda CM200T TwinStar. I have never seen a Harley-Davidson here in Jamaica; the first one I ever saw was a police Dyna outside Miami International Airport in transit to Mexico. While on a training course in Querétaro, I used to hang out at a bike repair shop on Av. Universidad that repaired all bikes but specialized in Harleys. Don Roberto, the proprietor, had a red and white shovelhead Electra-Glide from the '60s.

I don't think I will ever own a Harley-Davidson, as my pocketbook limits me to small Japanese bikes. One day I would like to ride a Sportster, as it is the smallest and least unaffordable Harley. The Harley in current production I would most like to try is the XL883R, as I would like to be able to carry a passenger.

I like to read, and I try to play the guitar, but I don't practice much and my playing sucks as a result.

That's about it.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Sam,

Don't give up dude :D

Apply for legal immigration to the good ole USA, its gonna take some time so be patient.

Once you get here, remember America is the land of opportunity. Innumerable immigrants have arrive on the beautiful shores without a nickel and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

Let me share something that has helped me acheive my goals..

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now"

Good luck on that Sporty! Regards,
Wyodude

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have an even bigger problem: I don't know what I want. I am where I am and I have no idea where I want to go. I don't really like my job but I don't know how to do anything else and I like not having any debts.

Two song lines come to mind: "Should I stay or should I go?" and "I have become comfortably numb."

(Actually, I have no Clash albums; I heard that line in a documentary about punk rock and the new wave. However, I do have The Wall by Pink Floyd...)

I do travel occasionally, and I have a full motorcycle rider's licence. If I do get a US visa and visit the States I might rent a Sportster if they're available for rent. Airfare to Miami is generally cheaper than to Trinidad where I studied and where I visit friends from university fairly often (once every two to three years).

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you get to ride a sporty some day. Enjoy.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:duh?: Didn't even look at the dates.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Could have been me. I am a POST WHORE lately....I been fishing for places to drop a loaf.

I droped one here and there........trying to stirr up some ship and get a few laughs........I crack myself up.....UGGG UGGG UGGG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts