V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it July 31, 2016... and still smiling.

:)

Reactions: Oldhand

·
Registered
16,952 Posts
At least it's not a garage queen.

Great job!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
I remember the year I had 729 miles between inspections. This year between 2 wheelers and 3 wheels about 6500. Not bad for an old head.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not bad, my 2015 Ultra just rolled over 43,000 miles, and only 2 trips out of state.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still not putting as many miles as I would like but it's enough. I told myself if it just sat in the garage I was going to sell it. I don't have the time / freedom to take the longer trips I'd like to but eventually I may. I'd like to be able to ride as much as some of you and my retired friends. A few of them do 3 or 4 10-day trips a year plus weekend rides and group Wednesday rides. It helps living in Florida.

My son is wanting a bike and was shocked to see so many bikes with less than 1000 miles per year on them. He thought over 10k was too many miles for a bike...

Reactions: Slingshot383

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Living in New England riding season is extremely short. Try to ride as much as I can, weather depending.

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
Living in New England riding season is extremely short. Try to ride as much as I can, weather depending.
If you happen to look on AccuWeather at the temps down here you would think I have it pretty good. It warms up for rain quits raining it is 56. I know that would be a heat wave where you live, but I got use to the mild temps and it feels quite cold to me. If I had the bucks I would live on the coast of Maine in the summer and Florida in the winter.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If you happen to look on AccuWeather at the temps down here you would think I have it pretty good. It warms up for rain quits raining it is 56. I know that would be a heat wave where you live, but I got use to the mild temps and it feels quite cold to me. If I had the bucks I would live on the coast of Maine in the summer and Florida in the winter.

Last I read Florida's population goes up by 4 million in winter with the onslaught of the "snowbirds... One can tell the difference in the crowded roads in winter, but traffic in Florida sucks year round and it just keeps getting worse...... TOO MANY PEOPLE..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same problem in Tucson, Arizona. Snow birds arrive and traffic backs up, the VA has a two month wait to get seen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Last I read Florida's population goes up by 4 million in winter with the onslaught of the "snowbirds... One can tell the difference in the crowded roads in winter, but traffic in Florida sucks year round and it just keeps getting worse...... TOO MANY PEOPLE..
Yes; you can really tell when the snowbirds arrive...especially in Orlando, which is the worst traffic I have ever seen anywhere. And...I've driven the Brooklyn-Queens expressway & The Cross-Bronx.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Hmmm.... seems to be less traffic during winter here in central NY ? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
Our crowds come for the summer months not as crowded as FL thankfully. We have 80° water temps and they flock to the beach like they go to the Jersey shore. Gas prices rise too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts