V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been following this forum pretty much since it started up, but primarily in "sponge" mode. (Sponge mode = just soaking up the many valuable tips & tricks etc.). Have picked up some great info from y'all over the past few months - thanks!

I started riding 3 years ago, after having wanted to learn for many years. Finally decided to just do it, and took an MSF course to help me decide if I really did want to ride. Loved the class, and went right out and bought a Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic. It's been a great first bike, and I've had a blast riding, but it's time to move on. (And the V-Start is for sale - if anyone is interested let me know...)

But I've always remembered back to when I was just a little kid visiting my uncle's H-D shop - sitting on the bikes, making those engine sounds, etc. So that's been the real dream - a Harley. (Unfortunately he gave up the franchise back in the terrible AMF days - poor quality, too much pressure to take more bikes than he could sell, etc. A very different situation than today, for sure.)

So last summer I ordered an FLSTCI (teal). Just checked in with the local H-D dealer this afternoon, and it's shipping on Wed.!! I'm wicked psyched - my first Harley. Having some of the basics done before delivery - stage 1 breather kit & EFI re-map, SE II slip-ons, and a few accessories.

Should be able to pick it up in about 2 weeks. And the best part is my boss told me yesterday that once it's in I can take off for a couple days as as break from my current project!!;)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome NHskier. It's nice to hear your story. I'm sure you must be anxious for that new bike. Let us know how you like it and be sure to tell us of some of the adventures and stories as you go. I'm excited for you.

Later,

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,NHskier!

Congrats on your new Heritage,good choice,you'll love it.

Where in N.H. you located? I'm a neighbor livin' in southern Maine.
I hope the next two weeks fly by for ya,warm weather is almost here!

Thanks for the great intro,keep us posted.
guido

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I'll definitely get a pic or two up once I've got the bike. Hmmm, better remember to re-charge those camera batteries as I think I'll be taking more than just a few shots!

I'm in the Concord area, so pretty much central to everything here. And man, I hope that dusting of snow we had Fri. night is the last of it. Bring on the good weather!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello and welcome to the board, congrats on the new bike, can't wait for the pics! Sounds like you have a great boss, I should be so lucky:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on the scooter and welcome to the board NHskier. Great choice on model. Hopefully the weather will be favorable by the time you take delivery. Your smart to have the mods done before taking delivery. I had them done to mine after delivery (except the pipes). Hope to see you here often and post some pics in a few weeks.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Welcome aboard NHskier. I'm just down the road a piece from you. I can relate to the weather. It was nicer in Jan and Feb than it has been in March and April. Rode a little yesterday but froze my ass off. Was heading home to put the ugh, ugh,.... windshield on my Sporty when I just could'nt do it. Do not like the looks of it when it's on. Today it's supposed to get into the mid 50's but it does'nt look too promising. Later!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Heritage. Couldn't have picked a nicer bike myself - brought my Luxury Blue Pearl FLSTCI home April 1st. I had pretty much the same mods done on mine that you're getting on yours - Stage 1, EFI re-map, SE II's and a few chrome goodies. Haven't had much opportunity to ride it - weather sucks here lately. Supposed to be nice this weekend...keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy that new bike of yours!!! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!

Left the office today and found it was in the low 70's out - what a great day. I figure my bike was probably built either yesterday or today, since it ships from the factory Wed. Starting to feel like a little kid as Christmas gets closer and closer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts