1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dont let it bother you, I have 43 SELRES who work for me, 22 of them have volunteered to do a second year, and all but 7 of the others want to finish their entire year. I had some guys who were making $70K on the outside, now they are drawing E4 pay, trying to make a 2K mortgage, support an old lady and 4 kids............it really is hard on some of these folks. Bottom line is the shouldn't have joined the reserves if they couldn't handle it when the **** hit the fan. Alot of people thought they would never be called to active duty, but how many times since the gulf war have reserves been activated? They should know better by now, but like any thing else in life THERE ARE DUMB AS$ES EVERY WHERE.................................

·
Registered
875 Posts
also notice this deep water sailor didnt make fun of your puddle jumpin a$$ :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap, your right! A Squid not giving me ****! What is the world coming to?:D

Not saying that it may not be rough, but they should have planned. I have some reserves here right now that don't want to leave. One retired a few years ago (most of our reserves are older at my unit) and has been living on a tight budget. He got recalled and started making that E-7 pay (with a few extra's) and went out and bought a new truck. He doesn't want to leave because he wants the truck:rolleyes: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts