V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm from Albuquerque New Mexico and bought my first Harley (05 Road Glide) this past July - 5100 miles now and loving it. I'm new to riding (bought a Honda Shadow in April to get comfortable on) and am enjoying the touring two-up with my wife. We did the Rio Rancho Toy Run today and boy was I impressed to see thousands of bikes and the kindness that each rider brought - a gift and canned goods. These are the type of folks I want to be seen with......

Jay

·
Registered
27 Posts
abq, just bought a Road Glide myself, first Harley. Been to New Mexico a few times, love the state. I remember being on top of the sandia mountain's looking out over Albuquerque, what a great view. Also, took the turquoise trail to Santa Fe thru Madrid and Cerillos, which I think is where the movie Young Guns was filmed, great drive.. Great State..
see ya

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Welcome ABQ. Lot's of nice folks here. Plus, a ton of information not found elsewhere.

Have fun and ride safe.

'05 FLSTSCi

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
HI Jay;

Welcome to the VTF. You have chosen a great forum where guys like you fit in.

Post up and enjoy the place

·
Iron Butt
559 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Jay.
I would love to get back to NM in the near future. I was born in T or C (before it was T or C) and have only been back once since I left at 2 years old. A beautiful state.
Take care and ride safe.
Steve.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the Road Glide. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay. I live in Rio Rancho from 92-96. (on Amethyst drive) Anyway, we loved it, we still intend to come back and visit (hopefully this summer, or maybe for baloon fiesta) If I may: Take a trip up hiway 4 through the Jemez range and on to Los Alamos. What a beautiful ride. If you have done it in a car, it is twice as nice on a bike. post some pics of your rides, I miss it and would love to see it again. Again, welcome. Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts