V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can this be used in the primary or should I have got the Amsoil super shift ATF?

Im reading mixed responses.

I don't want clutch slippage... Heard synthetic ATF can cause that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you're going to use amsoil atf in the primary, then you want to use the super shift. I have found that it really doesn't work any better than the straight 20/50 amsoil or syn3.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I got Amsoil 20w50 synthetic for the engine. Can I use that in the transmission as well?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I use this Amsoil 20w50 synthetic in the primary as well?

With no clutch problems?

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes you can, but i would reccomend redline heavy shock 85/140 or belray gearsaver, same visc.
Whoa. No don't use shock proof in the primary. It is loaded with moly. As far as the primary goes a good diesel hdeo like rotella t-5 semi synth 15w-40 is perfect. It's loaded with detergents and zinc to keep clutch plates clean. Shock proof is amazing stuff in the tranny. I use it in mine. I use red line primary oil in the primary although after much research I am switching to a cheap diesel oil. The key is keeping the clutch plates clean for trouble free life. Amsoil 20w50 will work great too,just very costly. Save it for the motor.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get it at wholesale so if it will work in there too awesome. Thanks fella.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Saves from having three types of oil as well. 20-50 in the engine and primary, and severe gear in the tranny. So only two types.:)

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
'01 fxd

I used amsoil universal syn atf in the primary and severe gear 75-110 in the trans,great combo............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts