V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe George can answer this if he sees it, but open to all suggestions.

I did some major modifications on my suspension, ie replaced rear shocks with Progressive 440's best move of all, and replaced my stock fork springs with Progressives. stock length! I removed the HD heavy fork oil I had in there and replaced it with the standard Amsoil fork oil recommended by George. It rides like it's on rails and handles well, but It is a bit soft for my liking. I tried going back to HD heavy and it was too much. I went back to Amsoil standard and made the spring spacers a bit longer then that which came in the kit and it just did not feel right. It ever so slightly off, but I am a perfectionist. I've known of folks adding a bit more fork oil, but did not know how much would do the trick, without stressing out the seals, etc. Any recommendations from experience? I am so close to a perfect combo. I live on dirt and the Vermont roads vary from great to absolutely awful, so I need a perfect balance of smooth and stiff, which is why I purchased progressively wound springs. I do not want to end up with blown fork seals however!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts