V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed out the handlebars and sure could have used a crimper designed for the job. I'm tired of screwing with needle nose pliers.

Anyway my servive manual calls out an Amp Multilock Terminal Crimp Tool. Where could I get one of these for a reasonable price, like for a garage mechanic, not for professional use. Some are 175 or more and some talk of $ 30 ratchet pair but having trouble finding them.

Any suggestions? I did search but thread is 1-1/2 years old and most of links are dead.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
So has anyone found one?

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can try a search on AMP "Service Tool #1" which is the old style non-ratchet one. Used to be in the old Newark & Allied catalogs before it was discontinued. Unfortunately the ISO nazis ruined it for the journeymen with skillsets that didn't require a ratchet to make them do a full cycle on a hand tool. Basically it's just a multi-sized roll crimper, so maybe check out the Waldom line too. They are all going to be $35-$40 minimum since they are precision tools compared to the usual "squasher" stuff & lineman's pliers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts