V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,809 Posts
training does not mean experience. even after a training course is completed chances are any position you take would be entry level until you have proven yourself. passing school doesnt guarentee you a high paying job. we have a highly accredited automotive course in our town sponsored by domestic and foreign manufacturers. i have met very few technicians who have come out of it who are worthy of more than entry level positions.

· Registered
4,809 Posts
we had a kid in here a while back that graduated from AMI and was very pleased with the course.
i think zadok said it best...it isnt what you think when its a job. i wrenched for 16 years after graduating from an automotive college program and it was a job. i did work on my own vehicles also but there wasnt anything romantic about working on my own stuff after i fixed other peoples all day. just cause you like working on your own bike doesnt mean youll like working for someone else on other peoples bikes. although from what ive seen it would do some people good just to see what its really about. until youve been in a position like that you dont really appreciate what its like to be on the other side.

· Registered
4,809 Posts
i wasnt aware there were 2 either. just remembered some comments you had made a few months ago about going to school.

sounds like a great attitude chopperdude. its refreshing to see someone who doesnt expect the world at their feet just starting out. i graduated from an automotive college 25 years ago and saw the same classmates you do. it is a career and has to be approached seriously. mine carried me far and i enjoy a certain amount of success because of my schooling and work training.
dont lose that spark. i hope you continue to enjoy it as much for years to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.