V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Haven't dealt with it or know anyone who has.

But if you are giving serious thought to it, I say go for it. Back in 1990, company I worked for went under. I almost went to H-D school to be mechanic. Thought long and hard about it but since we had house, kids in school, and wife had decent job(which she lost few years later), we decided to do the 'sensible/responsible' thing and I didn't go. I have regretted it ever since.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
dave51 said:
Kind of a toss up which I'll need worse down the road: a good wrench or a good looking nurse.
Yep, definitely a toss-up.....bike mechanics are charging a premium and nursing is one field that needs bunches of people because we're all living longer.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Good points, maj. No reason to get training for something you can't make a living at. Of course, could always open an indy shop.

I have friend who was forest ranger. He eventually hated it because he hated paperwork. He would spend 3 days in field and have to spend 4 -5 days filling out all the paperwork. He finally opened up his own river rafting company in Tennessee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.