V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make you aware of a situation in the USA right now that is reprehensible beyond words.

The situation is that there is a man named Rev. Fred Phelps who calls himself the pastor of the Westboro Baptist church. You may have heard a little about him. If not let me tell you.

Fred Phelps and his church (made up of his immediate family members) try to gain attention by protesting at the funerals of American men and women who were Killed In Action in Iraq or Afghanistan. Not only does he picket and cause a disturbance at the funerals of these patriots but he also states on his website that no US Veteran has any honor and he praises God every time one is killed (http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/nov2005/20051111_god-hates-vets.pdf). He is even happy when US Soldiers are killed by an IED in Iraq!!

Imagine being at the funeral of one of your loved ones and this group of hate mongers shows up with huge signs, yelling, screaming and singing songs.

Why does the Phelps family do this? Is it because they are against the war in Iraq? No. It is because of he hates gays in the USA and he believe that all US Soldiers should die since they serve in the military of a country that allows a person to have the freedom and liberty to be gay. They even have a website at the address of http://www.godhatesfags.com/main .

He also praises God for the death and destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina - http://www.godhatesfags.com/featured/20050831_thank-god-for-katrina.html
and for the death and destruction by tornados in Indiana - http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/nov2005/20051107_indiana-tornado.pdf and he prays that more people in the USA will be killed or injured by natural disasters! This is a family full of hate for anyone who does not believe exactly what they believe. They twist the verses of the Bible in order to spread hate, they even blame the bombing of the World Trade Center on the America's homosexual community. If you want to know what these sick people are all about just read their FAQ - http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html . I am sure that you will also be as disgusted as I was within five minutes.

He does this so that he can get the most attention to spread his gospel of hate to as many people as possible and because he TRULY believes that the all US Military and Veterans are hated by God.

But my message to you is not about homosexuals or whether you agree with their lifestyle. My message is about honoring deceased American Patriots who have nothing to do with another persons lifestyle choice.

I am sure that you will agree with me when I say it does not matter if your are for or against the war in Iraq or the current US administration, and it does not matter if you do not like gay men or women. It does not even matter if you are a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Atheist, etc... I am sure that you will agree that American Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen, and their family's should not have to endure the reprehensible actions of the Phelps family. The funerals of these men and women should be a time for their family and friends to remember and honor the lives and service that their loved one gave both while in and out of the US Military.

If you find the Phelps family of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas as disgusting and reprehensible as I do then let me tell you what is happening right now to prevent the families and friends of American patriots from having to endure the hatred that the Phelps family attempts to spread at funerals.

Right now there is a grass-roots organization being formed by American motorcyclists called "Patriot Guard Riders" - www.patriotguard.org . Here is the Patriot Guard Riders mission statement:

"The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a "hawk" or a "dove". It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is. You don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American military heroes. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Protect the mourning family and friends from interruptions created by any protester or group of protesters.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means."

The Patriot Guard Riders are forming groups of people in each State that believe that the funerals of our American Patriots should be protected against the actions of the Phelps family and anyone else who would dishonor the funeral service of our heroes for the sole purpose of furthering their political agenda.

The groups that have formed have pledged to use all legal means to block these protests so that the family and friends of deceased American patriots can grieve without being hassled or having to endure the mocking and disturbances of the Phelps family. So that a deceased American Patriot can be laid to rest with honor and dignity.

The Patriot Guard Riders do this of course with total respect to the wishes of the family of the deceased American Patriot and legal non-violent means.

Now all I ask of you is that if you feel that what the Patriot Guard Riders are doing is right, then please forward this message to everyone that you know. I know, I know, everyone is tired of being told to forward chain emails and is tired of SPAM but I just want this message to get out to as many people as possible as fast as it can so that every time the Phelps family shows up at a funeral they will not even be noticed because of all the Patriot Guard Riders that are there to honor a person who has given his life to because he or she chose to serve the USA.

Also, more importantly, I would ask that if you are interested in being involved in this great movement please go to www.patriotguard.org and sign up! We need your HELP!!!! You don't have to be a motorcyclist and you don't have to be a veteran. You just have to believe that together we can stop people and hate groups from dishonoring any deceased American service member or the family they left behind.

Please I again ask you to forward this to everyone you know. It won't cost you a penny.

Sincerely,

Bert Linson - Sergeant First Class (Retired) US Army

·
"Doc"
37 Posts
Germany Bert said:
The situation is that there is a man named Rev. Fred Phelps who calls himself the pastor of the Westboro Baptist church.
Don't know much about the political agenda of the group you're supporting there Germany Bert, but I sure like to see someone beat the piss out of Phelps and the rest of his Westboro Baptist fruitcakes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no political agenda. Just bikers and vets who what to insure that deceased American servicemembers are buried with the respect and dingnity that they deserve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info Bert. Went to the site and signed up. Guess I'd better start making those Legion meetings to see if they've heard about this disgrace.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I went to that website and it made me physically sick. My first reaction is to ride out to Kansas and find this a$$hole.

I just signed up for your site. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

james
'04 BMW R1150RT
'99 Ducati 900 Supersport

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
I have heard of this guy.

First lthought that comes to mind is, he need a good beating.

Next thought that comes to mind is this jerk has got way more than his 5 minutes of fame.

Feeding the flames is only getting him more.

Damn village idiots.....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thanks for the post, I'm in.

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
Wow. It is so incredible how someone who has supposedly spent thier entire life learning about God has missed the point entirely. Very sad but don't worry, we all reap what we sow...

'Vengeance 'is' Mine, I will recompense, saith the Lord;' (Hebrews 10:30)

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Heads up for anyone in the Iowa area!

This is a recall alert for possible mobilization. the WBC plans to picket funeral of Army Spc. Gregory L. Tull, 20, of Pocahontas, Iowa, when his body returns from Iraq where he was killed Nov. 25, by an IED .

Details are not yet available but I would like to know who has the possibility to go and Honor this young Hero.

Keith Callaway
MSgt, USAF (Ret)

District 7 Adjutant,

American Legion Department of Iowa

President, Western Iowa American Legion Riders
State Captain, Iowa Patriot Guard Riders

712-527-2898
[email protected]

·
OEF Vet - US Army
75 Posts
Bert

Didnt see your post til now, but I also brought this up in the "off Topics" section. Got some response from folks that didnt see your post. As you well know, PGR is growing rapidly and hopefully we can stomp this out ASAP.
No grief stricken family should ever have to be faced with these morons.

Ride safe.
USASoldier88
PGR AL Member

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
This fuckstick is so embarassing to those of us that live here. These fruitcakes are in the paper all the time. If someone could take these pukes out that would be great.{salute(

·
Registered
213 Posts
just saw this post, i went to the freaks website and the little guy flying the flag upside down says it all. these kind of people make me sick. i am going to look into the patriot riders. thanks for pointing this out to us.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
i joined too.
ya know, sometimes america just gives some assw!pes TOO MUCH FREEDOM!!!
i'm glad in a way that i'm in my 50's cause my younger years i would've been
kickin those idiot's arsses.{salute(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disreguarding age, some things are worth fighting for. My son is in Iraq and I have a small inkling that if this group showed up at a funeral of my kin they may not walk away. Having said that, I have a hard time believing any one would protest at the funeral of a soldier. Even during Vietnam, I can't recall that happening. I want to check the validity of this story but like I said if he showed up at a funeral I was at, it would be front page national news. :nunu:

·
'08 Ultra Classic
39 Posts
samsd said:
Disreguarding age, some things are worth fighting for. My son is in Iraq and I have a small inkling that if this group showed up at a funeral of my kin they may not walk away. Having said that, I have a hard time believing any one would protest at the funeral of a soldier. Even during Vietnam, I can't recall that happening. I want to check the validity of this story but like I said if he showed up at a funeral I was at, it would be front page national news. :nunu:
Ditto. Thanks to your son for his service. I know you're proud of his commitment.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Sam,
As sad and pathetic as it sounds this is true. I live in KC just about 45 miles east of Topeka. I am also a Health Care Recruiter for the Army and have been in the Army for almost 23 years now. Not a lot a person can do for people like this. They show up and life goes on. They are trying to pass some laws here to prevent it, at least as close to the funeral as they get. Fortunately there is a pretty large contingent of veteran riders that show up and form a human shield at some of the funerals. Just thought I would let you know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts