V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
straightshoooter
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, help me out here. Two questions: Big Dog vs. American Ironhorse and Chopper vs. Slammer / Mastiff? I'm told you can't beat Big Dog for their reliability and service; however, I'm also told the new Slammer and Texas Chopper from Ironhorse is as good as it gets? What do guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a reason Big Dog is the #1 Factory Custom builder. Their bikes are reliable and they backup their product. Of course I may be a bit biased since I own a mastiff. :)

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I was at a dealer a few weeks ago that had both the ironhorse and the big dog, I was really intrested in the ironhorse but when I asked about the reliability he described it as having a second wife and really not being able to rely on it for daily use.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the ultimate in manufactured chopper decadence, check out the American Ironhorse 10th Anniversary Texas Chopper with its 3" belt open primary 124" S&S ....MSRP $49,999.00....and only 6 months warranty - no kidding! :unsure:

Just for kicks, I had them price it up, out the door w/tax and all, and guess what....I could drive a brand new Corvette home for less money.
I guess to each his own... :duh?:

Hey, I'm not denying that's it's an awesome bike and granted, they're only making 125 of them. But, for that kind of money, I'll take my 2005 Big Dog Chopper with its "one-of-a-kind" paint job and still have over $20 big ones to put (or keep) in the bank. PLUS, I've got a 117" S&S (only 7 cubes less) with a TWO YEAR warranty....you do the math.... :beer4u:

·
Registered
91 Posts
mrputtr said:
OK guys, help me out here. Two questions: Big Dog vs. American Ironhorse and Chopper vs. Slammer / Mastiff? I'm told you can't beat Big Dog for their reliability and service; however, I'm also told the new Slammer and Texas Chopper from Ironhorse is as good as it gets? What do guys think. Thanks.
Go to the Delphi Big Dog forum and check by yourself what BDM owners say about their bikes. I own a TX Chopper and never had a pb with it. Many of my friends have AIH and they love them too.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/thedogpound/messages/?msg=172.1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts