V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issue is out and my bike is in it. Now I just have to find a copy on the shelf somewhere. I had a guy from some plaque company call me today asking if I wanted to have the article frame, mounted, whatever. I told him I didn't even know the October issue was out yet. He told me there are 9 pictures over two pages. The article is called Slow Down.

I usually buy the magazine at Publix grocery store, but I stopped at two different Publix on the way home and they still have the September issue. The manager said the guy usually comes in at the beginning of the week. My wife is stopping on the way home to check a couple other places. I stopped at Barnes & Noble too and they don't carry it either.

I'm sure I'll find a copy within the next few days. Just impatient as hell. :)

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
Yep. You are in there. I got my copy over the weekend in the mail. The issue has 26 "reader's rides" in it. Most of the pictures are pretty small but it shows several views of each bike. They are wanting to do two "reader's rides" issues next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its there all right

Yup, and it looks good to. I am in there also... a proud moment (sniff, sniff).

Actually, it is a cool magazine that may have lots of features of regular bikes instead of these unattainable show bikes.

Benji

BTW- I am one page 98-99:yes:

·
banal
486 Posts
Your bike is in there and looking awesome. However they say it is a 2002 Road King ... Classic? Because of the front fender, the dash, the smooth bags, and lack of saddlebag guard rails, I thought it was a RK Custom.

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
CarbideDude said:
Your bike is in there and looking awesome. However they say it is a 2002 Road King ... Classic? Because of the front fender, the dash, the smooth bags, and lack of saddlebag guard rails, I thought it was a RK Custom.
Carbide,

I just checked his public profile and he states that he does indeed have a 2002 Road King Classic, ie, FLHRCI. He's just tweaked her nicely!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dial-up death

Yep, its an '02 Classic, or used to be. :)

I'm in Delaware/Maryland this week. Where can I find the magazine. I still haven't seen it!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed American Bagger asking them where I can find the October issue after searching no less than 20 stores. He said it doesn't hit news stands until 9/18. Dooooh! I guess you subscription guys get yours a week in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts