V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ordering it in Dec, I just got what I considered a Cadillac Gun- A Wilson Combat EDC-X9. At the time of order I specified Trijicon night sights. The pistol arrived with a Trijicon at the front and a plain black sight at the rear.

I emailed them about it and was told that they've had a lot of requests for Trijicon rear sights but that they were not currently offered.

With the little bit of handling I've had with the pistol so far, the black rear sight slows sight alignment down, for me, by quite a lot.

Am I nuts to be shocked or disappointed by this? A $3000 pistol, advertised and supposedly designed for carry (EDC stands for Every Day Carry. It obviously DOES NOT stand for Every Dusk Carry.)

What do y'all think?

joe

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'd recheck what you ordered, to me ordering the Trijicon sites is just that sites; plural meaning both front and rear. If it was stated where you ordered that it was front site only then I feel for you and would be disappointed too but...

I have Trijicon front and rear on my G19 so don't really know how I'd like just a front. Good luck, Wilson Combat has a good reputation and will hopefully do right by you.

·
Registered
15,641 Posts
For that kind of money, you should be able to get what you want.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
They make rear ones for a lot of fire arms wonder why not that one. If I were paying $3000 for a hand gun it better come dressed and ready to party all day and night.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd recheck what you ordered, to me ordering the Trijicon sites is just that sites; plural meaning both front and rear. If it was stated where you ordered that it was front site only then I feel for you and would be disappointed too but...

I have Trijicon front and rear on my G19 so don't really know how I'd like just a front. Good luck, Wilson Combat has a good reputation and will hopefully do right by you.
I went through the paperwork and there's nothing in it about the custom order aspects (sight change, grip size, trigger length, added rail).

A single tritium sight at the front is plain stupid in my book. If ambient light is low enough that you need the glow, your aim could be way off while the sight was still visible.

For that kind of money, you should be able to get what you want.

I'm just here for the beer.
Evidently, money doesn't guarantee common sense.

No.......

LOL Thanks neighbor.

They make rear ones for a lot of fire arms wonder why not that one. If I were paying $3000 for a hand gun it better come dressed and ready to party all day and night.
The rear Trijicon on my Springfield Champion looks like it would work correctly on this pistol. I'm gonna check a shop or two for a suitable substitute.

joe

·
Super Moderator
2,584 Posts
Based on what I have seen listed on their site as standard and the available options they offer,you didn't receive anything less than what they stated and or advertised.

As far as you being crazy.......this place isn't probably the best place to ask.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Based on what I have seen listed on their site as standard and the available options they offer,you didn't receive anything less than what they stated and or advertised.

As far as you being crazy.......this place isn't probably the best place to ask.
I don't remember what I read in Dec, or what the dealer I ordered through said, that way; but I don't believe I was intentionally lied to. There are several possible explanations, but regardless, I think it's a poor way to equip a pistol. Half of a pair of night sights is, functionally, just about none of a pair of night sights.

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Y'all need to get a room. I'm blushing way over here.

joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sig just came out with a 320 9mm Compact X-frame and the front is a night sight and the rear is not. It's also drilled for optics which I'm not into for a carry gun.
Deer hunting season yes on a proper caliber gun.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Well Joe... I think you qualify but I also think you're right.

Howevah - I like the dot front/plain rear combo. If it's dark and you have to use your gun, it's serious self defense time. You're putting that dot on center mass and letting loose, not carefully aiming/aligning dots - using it more like a red dot.

My very MAJOR rub would be the sights not registered for some standard round. That's ridiculous and not acceptable IMO, especially if I bought a quality firearm. JMHO.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well Joe... I think you qualify but I also think you're right.

Howevah - I like the dot front/plain rear combo. If it's dark and you have to use your gun, it's serious self defense time. You're putting that dot on center mass and letting loose, not carefully aiming/aligning dots - using it more like a red dot.

My very MAJOR rub would be the sights not registered for some standard round. That's ridiculous and not acceptable IMO, especially if I bought a quality firearm. JMHO.
I hope I didn't already post this....

Early this year I checked my official local WC dealer (where I bought the pistol) and was told WC still didn't provide a rear Trijicon sight, and that none other would fit.

I then went straight to the shop where I'd always shopped before. The guy looked at the pistol, said "No problem", and ordered a perfectly fitting sight for me.

Can you guess which shop is still my favorite? And which one will never see me again?

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you got that squared away, Joe.
The front only made little sense to me either.
The new Sig P365 has 'em fore and aft.

Just sayin'.
I'm not super-knowledgeable here, but this was a first for me.

Also, I've been meaning to tell you that my wife and I tried that JL's BBQ joint. We thought the beef, bologna, and beans were all above average. I thought the Polish was very bland. We got about 10 lbs of fries on our plates.

joe

1 - 20 of 46 Posts