V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the discussions about foot pegs and riding position I decided to take a couple pics of my foot pegs.

Just to ground us in the discussion I'm 6'2" 35" inseam.

I bought the Kuryakyn 8028 Dually pegs and turned them around the oposite way you would expect them to be. This extra bit of room allows me to put the heel of my boot up towards the outside upper corner and gives me a much better and confortable riding position. It also gets my left leg away from the horn cover as discussed in a previous thread here.

You can get these almost anywhere but if you keep a close eye out on Ebay you can normally get them a little cheaper. Just watch what some folks are charging for shipping.

donald

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's another pic

·
Registered
150 Posts
Donald,

you seem about the same height as myself (inseam not known though), was the intent with the new pegs to stretch your legs better or just to be able to rest your heals? I find that my legs are a bit too compressed and am interested of moving the pegs forward a couple of inches and I am now looking/waiting for an after market solution to solve this problem. Any tips?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yea but you have to wear shorts and have legs like the guy in the second photo, don't know I'd wish that on anyone.:D :D ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I resemble that remark :D THose are the only legs I got :D

My goal was to get a better/alternate foot placement. The stock pegs didn't seem to give me that, and the MoCo ones didn't seem to be any better. With these I'm able to put my heals up at the furthest point and it gives me a different position. With the rubber pads when I hang my legs over the top of the pegs it has some, albeit little padding.

Me and the wife like to take some longer rides and to me anything more than 300 miles starts to get to me and next year we're planning to make a trip around Lake Superior and Lake Michigan together, but unless I find a better seating/footing position I'm not doing it on the Vrod. Which is why I'm currently looking at something else to go along with the rod.

Bottom line is I wish the MoCo would come out with a extended reach pegs, if they don't soon I have some ideas of my own.

Watch those leg comments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Donald,

My H-D technician is going to a custom fair in Germany in October and will keep his eyes open for extended pegs - quite a few riders in Scandinavia want to have the pegs further to the front. If the MoCo is unwilling to to provide us with a solution, someone is sure to do it (e.g. Zodiac as far as I have heard) and I am indifferent in terms of brand name in this issue.

I will keep you updated after I talk to my technician after his trip.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the MoCo decided that there were much more shorter folks that long legged folks buying the Vrod. (Not being sexist here) They probably expected that the bike would appeal to women and they needed to offer something for the reduced reach for them and figured longer legged folks wouldn't mind.
Nevertheless, like anything else new I have confidence that someone will come out with something, how soon though maybe the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts