V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to throw this out there, www.hawgeye.com is a useful site to see dealer and indy ratings/comments. Take it with a grain of salt, however, as I suspect some of the comments were written by the ratees. Some seem to have a self-serving flavor to them, if you know what I mean. It is organized by state and easy to use. A great idea, but would be more useful if more folks took the time to provide comments.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I've sent comments into Hawgeye about different shops -
Capital Thunder - Columbia, SC
Easy Riders of McDonough - McDonough, GA
H-D of Clayton County - Morrow, GA
I've been in and dealt with(or tried to). The guy who runs this site just posts what you send him. Have to provide name, address, etc. just in case he wants to verify - no anonymous posts. So some might come from dealer or friend/relative of dealer. But I have seen negative post and positive posts for same dealer.

I was even thinking about setting up a site similar to his and send email asking some questions. He responded back to me.

You can also try www.ripoffreport.com.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recently posted on the Hawgeye site re bad experience with Des Moines dealer. Most of the Nebraska and Iowa comments jive with what I have found at those dealers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unome

what did you think of Cap. Thunder. I have some friends that have been looking at a bike there. But we are all from up by Charlotte, so we didn't know about them.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Capital Thunder in Columbia, SC is a indy shop. Their prices are a little high because of that. I tried to deal with them in Mar. 2001 but they wanted $3K down on a 2001 Dyna Low Rider @ $17,000 and almost 18% interest. This was because of my less than perfect credit(at time) and bikes are considered luxury items.

Brother bought his Softail there and a friend of his bought a Heritage. Both were pleased by way they were treated. They usually have pretty big selection of bikes there also. http://www.capitalthunder.com/ is them.

There is also supposed to be another dealer called Harley Haven(or Heaven) somewhere over in Columbia area but I can't find anything on net. I'll check with brother and see if he can get an address for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am really glad to see that this site is here ,just a shame more people dont use it . We can only hope that if enough post on the bad as well as the good info then maybe we can educate the rest. I was impressed to see that alot of info that I had read about dealers that I worked at as a tech and have used have been really on track to the point .Which I work at an Independant shop now BUTT remember 1 thing ,there is alot of good dealers that wont GOUGE u real bad butt you all have the right to have your work done at any certified techs and as long as you have your documentation the dealers will cover your warranty. Keep looking find a good dealer and patronize them.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts