V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mele Kalikimaka. Just joined the rest of the riding world ?prty: (actually yesterday); however, I have been reading the comments and remarks for about 8 months...:sofa: snooping for lack of a better term.:spank: Found this forum through one of your members [RMC SS] and I am very interested in what people are saying....being an Electrician by trade can really use the MECHANICAL advise, tips, and tricks. Electrician coupled with an Alabama edu-ma-kshun, I am easily :confused: and can :RTFB: but unable to completely see the end result....All of your members provide excellent techincal information accompanied with my favorite...PICTURES! Once Allen turned me on to the site, I looked high and low across the web and found nothing that compares.... the administrators and moderators are maintaining a 1st Class site and should be very proud of their work. Seeing the tremendous results of what the group has done to their bikes and looking for cool ideas that will enable me to complete what I hope will be a very long journey. I have been riding since the mid-late seventies and certified MSF Instructor in 1987. Usually only rode with 2-3 close friends across Florida, New York & California....sidelined my riding enjoyment for approx. the last ten years. I am extremely thrilled to be back on the road and envolved with a great group of braddahs here on the island. It is terrible being able to ride 365...but someone has to do it. I do my best to avoid those "four letter words" :puke: COLD & SNOW. Looking forward to using one of the best sites on the net. Thanks for your time and hard work..... I know it is a labor of LOVE and it shows. {salute(
MAHALO.
Punky

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
WELCOME! From the other side of The States! You are correct about this Forum! Great place to visit and "hang-out"!

"See" you around!!:cheers:

·
RAMOD
458 Posts
'Bout time you stopped lurking and said something! :lurker:

:welcome:

Hope you and the Misses can make it out east sometime! Will have som fresh-brewed coffee and sweet tea waiting!

Allen

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Only 5 days left

Allen,

I know it is SAD... had to pry $15.00 from the Wardon/Admiral and route a special request chit. I guess she felt I was allowed something for Christmas. Probably the best $15.00 I have spent in along time. Thanks for showing me the site.

You, of all people know that my mechanical...ie "wrench turning" ability leaves alot to be desired.

Now that you are gone... abandoned me like a bad habit.... [for what... The wife and Family on the East Coast]... I will have to rely on the group here on the forum to increase my abilities with re-assembly.... As we all know things come apart much easier than they go back together.

It is all of the left-over parts & pieces that worry me.

Besure to check out a restraunt called "DIXIE CROSSROADS" if you head down Daytona way... I think the actual location is in Titusville... great seafood...especially Rock Shrimp. The place is normally packed on weekend and holidays, so be sure to time your arrival or be ready to wait 1-2hrs.

Enjoy your remaining days as "The Chief".... soon you will just catch grief... and some sarcastic "Sir(s)". Do not look back. Wish I could be there for your ceremony. Tell the wife that our family sends warm wishes and best regards. Glad to hear you made it safely and can concentrate on providing time for those three girls.... fortunately, I am a little farther down that road but have already lived in your shoes with the three (3) girls' aspect.... now just trying to afford college.

MAHALO.
Punky
CWO3-USN
'05 Ultra Classic
Smokey Gold & Vivid Black

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Sheriff,
(Self-Appointed or not)
Appreciate the friendly welcome.

Just hangin' out... you got-it....I will have to read those technical post on EFI, Exhaust & add-on modules (DFO/SERT/PC III....) for many months to come. Then muster up the fortitude to take the plunge.

I sometimes miss that side of the States... more it is, the changing color of the leaves and beautiful scenery and riding during the time of year when the temp is perfect. During those times the heat from the engine makes up for the wind-chill and you (the Rider) are neither hot nor cold.... perfection.

Not too far from the Smokies or Blue Ridge Parkway...... the roads on the mainland provide for wider variety and seems to keep the wife unit happier when packing.

Love the avatar... matches the screen/log-in name. (Would have replied sooner but wanted to share your profile with the fam.) Always enjoy the creativity of individuals.

As far as self-appointed ...at least you are not waiting for anybody, somebody, nobody, and everybody....you saw the need and took action.... My kinda guy.

Look forward to reading your post. Take care of the East Coast for me... hope to retire there once I complete my time in the USN.

MAHALO.
Punky
CWO3-USN

·
Iron Butt
559 Posts
Welcome to the forum Punky.
I lived in Mililani for 4 years in the early 80's and worked as a civilian at Barbers Point. I do miss the great weather we enjoyed there all the time.
My youngest daughter was born in Wahiawa, up by Wheeler AFB.
Ride safe.
Steve.

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Road-Dawg said:
Look forward to reading your post. Take care of the East Coast for me... hope to retire there once I complete my time in the USN.
It is actually pretty nice around here for this time of the year. Today should be in the 50s. A little chilly but not too bad. Heading out to ride with a couple of buddies of mine today! We are close enough to the mountains that you can actually make a decent day trip up and back.

The "Sheriff" handle is actually a knickname I got at work. The "Self-Appointed" was to let folks know that I wasn't actually a real law enforcement officer. When I was looking for an avatar, the Donald Duck picture was perfect, because my ONLY theatrical talent is the ability to talk like Donald! Only my mom and daughter appreciate the talent, but that's all that matters to me anyway!

If you ever get to the east coast, give us a holler! We'll celebrate the retirement!!!drunk!

Mark

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the Forum of glittering chrome, fine paint and leather jackets. A wondrous place to meet some fellow motorcycle enthusiasts and make some friends.

Many of your new friends will be jealous right out of the gate. Jealous of your home climate and natural surroundings. I will try to get past that.

Post up and enjoy your time here at the VTF.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Thanks for the compliments!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Aloha. I lived in Hawaii for a while several years ago and I have wanted to move back for the last few years. I remember living there and riding with it raining out of a completely blue sky. I had a scooter when I was in Hawaii and it was good for sidewalk evasions of the traffic, but I did get yelled at alot by the Po Lice. :)

:welcome: to the forums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts