V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the death of owner Russ Nimocks, the business is for sale.

I was hoping somone would keep the business going. I have stuff I wanted to order from them. Does anyone know of an equivalent product from another manufacturer? I am trying to get a rocker bolt set and ss exhaust flange bolts/nuts for my bike.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Diamond Engineering makes some of the best polished stainless steel bolts on the market. The price isn't too bad either considering what you would pay for chrome bolts that are just going to chip and rust right after you install them. Here is the website.

http://www.depss.com/

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Gardner-Wescott (spelling?) has a good product too...

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
sr1032 said:
Diamond Engineering makes some of the best polished stainless steel bolts on the market. The price isn't too bad either considering what you would pay for chrome bolts that are just going to chip and rust right after you install them. Here is the website.

http://www.depss.com/
Great site!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Am I missing something? DE is $389 for toruing. Does include head bolts. but to rich for me.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The Fatbook has several different manufacturers of stainless bolt kits for HD and they are nice. I ordered a bolt replacement kit for my bike and man do they look sweet. The rocker boxes do look good with stainless on them. Really stands out above the rest.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
berserker said:
Am I missing something? DE is $389 for toruing. Does include head bolts. but to rich for me.
That's for a complete kit. And I mean everything, case bolts, tranny to engine mount bolts, etc. The other kits are less expensive and cover the more common bolts. And complete kit like that will cost a lot of money, you are talking a lot of bolts.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Do the rocker covers take both 7/16 and 3/16? One pic I saw didn't look like it. If that is the case then I will not go with it. I like having the option if it strips to try something else. Not to mention some of those rear ones would a pain with wrench.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Where did you see that the company is for sale?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
machinist said:
Where did you see that the company is for sale?
Last week I tried to order some bolts and recieved an e-mail from Russ's wife. It stated he had passed and she was looking for a buyer since she couldn't run the business alone.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
That is sad that someone passed. I didn't order any of his bolts, but I did get a really nice set from Gardner-Westcott. They are listed in several parts magazines one of which is the Drag Specialities Fatbook.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
So are they in buisness or not? Says for sale but site looks like its up.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think they are trying to keep the business going to make it saleable. I was seriously looking into buying it and switching careers, but the math didn't work.
I hope they get a buyer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YankeeBob,
Did you replace your bolts on your ride with Stainless and if you did, have you had any issues? Looking to do the same thing with my '06 Deluxe. Thanks.

Dimeboy

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I replaced the rocker cover bolts with the stainless. No issues that I know of. I pulled them out after a year and all seemed well. No apparent galling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Were those the only bolts you changed out? I hate the look of the zinc covered stock bolts and that white junk it is leaving in the bolts recessions. I was thinking of replacing area by area on the bike instead of complete. Primary cover, inspection cover, etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

Dimeboy

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
dimeboy said:
Were those the only bolts you changed out? I hate the look of the zinc covered stock bolts and that white junk it is leaving in the bolts recessions. I was thinking of replacing area by area on the bike instead of complete. Primary cover, inspection cover, etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

Dimeboy
I've replaced nearly every bolt on my bike with polished stainless except where impossible without a total tear down including Rocker covers...I didn't do the head bolt (chrome) because of the possibility of galling...no issues so far at 45k...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts