V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lynne Cheney said she made the discovery while doing genealogical research for a book she's working on. Obama spokesman Bill Burton reacted by saying, "Obviously, Dick Cheney is sort of the black sheep of the family."

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
I think we're all related.........somehow.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Cool. I don't have a copy of my family tree but my Aunt told me one branch goes back to the Mayflower. I have wondered if I'm distantly related to any known historical figures. Of course as blue collar as my family is I'm probably related to their servants! lol

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
cwo2lt said:
Cool. I don't have a copy of my family tree but my Aunt told me one branch goes back to the Mayflower. I have wondered if I'm distantly related to any known historical figures. Of course as blue collar as my family is I'm probably related to their servants! lol
My family is mostly farmers in South Dakota. Apparently an aunt or uncle traced our family line all the way back to someone moderately important in England and liked to talk about it. Suddenly the relative doing the genealogy stopped talking about it. The joke among the rest of my relatives was that they had found that back in England we were actually related to horse thieves.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
dhwingert said:
My family is mostly farmers in South Dakota. You may be related to my wife! Apparently an aunt or uncle traced our family line all the way back to someone moderately important in England and liked to talk about it. Suddenly the relative doing the genealogy stopped talking about it. The joke among the rest of my relatives was that they had found that back in England we were actually related to horse thieves.
We shoot horse thieves around there here parts:gun: :roflback:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
It takes a lot for someone to up and move. They have to believe that where they are going is better. Many are running from someone or something. Sometimes it was just a political reason, but many times it was for a plain and simple legal reason.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
cwo2lt said:
You may be related to my wife!
Really? She related to horse thieves too?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
dhwingert said:
Really? She related to horse thieves too?
You are related!:roflback: I don't call em my outlaws for nuthin.

Seriously, she's from SD. Lemmon to be exact.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
route66paul said:
It takes a lot for someone to up and move. They have to believe that where they are going is better. Many are running from someone or something. Sometimes it was just a political reason, but many times it was for a plain and simple legal reason.

Naaahh. Too easy.:roflback:

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
cwo2lt said:
You are related!:roflback: I don't call em my outlaws for nuthin.

Seriously, she's from SD. Lemmon to be exact.
Wingert (father) and Lyon (mother)

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
dhwingert said:
Wingert (father) and Lyon (mother)
I see where Lyon is but WTF is Wingert? Over by Sioux Falls too?

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
cwo2lt said:
I see where Lyon is but WTF is Wingert? Over by Sioux Falls too?
Those are family names. My dad is from Rapid City and my mom is from Martin.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
dhwingert said:
Those are family names. My dad is from Rapid City and my mom is from Martin.
Gotcha! Her family name is Sorlie.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Hamilton said:
I think we're all related.........somehow.
Yup. I figure we're all related to Michael Moore, GWB, Hillary, Cheney, Algore, Jesse Jackson, George Wallace, Al Sharpton and David Duke in one way or another if we look far enough. Makes me feel....undecided.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts