V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my 05 flht at dealer for 95 stage 2 all HD build. Going with 203 cam, no gear drive, flat top pistons, and bored jugs, standard ecm download, very compentent builder. Just want to ride two up and pass trucks on two lane.
Think this will be OK??? What show it dyno at??
I have stock headpipe and vance and hines ovals, SE stage one installed

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
WTX-flht said:
Have my 05 flht at dealer for 95 stage 2 all HD build. Going with 203 cam, no gear drive, flat top pistons, and bored jugs, standard ecm download, very compentent builder. Just want to ride two up and pass trucks on two lane.
Isn't it a little late to be asking this since the bike is at the dealer already?

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Is it too late to change the build? If not go with the 204 IMHO. Its pretty much the same as 203, but with a little more up top.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It will probably dyno around low 80's hp and low 90's torq. I hope you have better luck than I did because I see ping,ping,ping in your future. Good luck.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I'd recommend the SERT instead of the canned map. You might be a little lean for running in Texas.

·
Registered
134 Posts
csoday said:
I'd recommend the SERT instead of the canned map. You might be a little lean for running in Texas.
@gree: @gree: ....It'll be lean anywhere. The canned maps suck.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
car_guy said:
I hope you have better luck than I did because I see ping,ping,ping in your future. Good luck.
I had the Stage 2 and 203 cams done on my 05 FLHTCI, 95 deg day 2 up and mountains with no ping to be heard. I put 6k on the bike with that build and I only heard it ping 1 time and that was when I didn't give it enough throttle while taking off at a stop light.

·
Registered
755 Posts
WTX-flht said:
That is basically their 95" Screamin Eagle build. It is reliable and will produce about 80-85 HP and 88-92 TQ. You should get the SERT or PC to tune it - as was said. The 203 cam comes on early and will be fine for your bagger.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
If it is important to you, that build with a 203 cam is certified street legal by HD and keeps the warranty intact if you also stick to the recommended exhaust system. But, there's some extra power hiding there with the addition of slip ons (easily swapped out for stock for those warranty service calls), and a Power Commander Fueler (easily removed for warranty service calls). The build with the 204 cam is not a street legal build and will void the warranty. When the warranty is up and your cam chain tensioners are ready for replacement around 30K miles, then go with a hotter gear drive cam. That's my plan anyway, and I'm real happy the way my build runs.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Warranty issues are up to the dealer and not all will void it as long as they are doing the work. As far as the tensioners needing replacement at 30,000, maybe, maybe not. Many go much further, just inspect them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all

Yes the building is for warranty and at Feb.09 I hope to upgrade to andrews cam and gear drive. Believe I will go with SERT now. Download 149.00 sert 389.00 and dyno time. What to hey it is just a bunch of money. As we all know HD really stands for Hundred dollar, hundred dollar!

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Street legal means engine warrenty is intact. Deviate from there and even though a dealer may have a personal agreement with you on the road it is a whole new sheet of music.

Purchasing the SERT will negate the need for the dealer download.

·
Registered
755 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
Street legal means engine warrenty is intact. Deviate from there and even though a dealer may have a personal agreement with you on the road it is a whole new sheet of music.

Purchasing the SERT will negate the need for the dealer download.
In order to refuse warranty compensation, the issuer of said warranty must prove that the part you installed CAUSED the failure. Doesn't matter whether it's a SE203 or a TW6G cam. No part that you have installed automatically negates the entire bike warranty as a whole.
<source>

Of course, the more you do gives them more reason to fight your warranty claim.

WTX - As we beat the warranty question again, :beatdh: I hope your original question has already been answered too.:yawn:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
And I'll tell ya what the dealer will do if you get the SERT with the build.
They'll load the canned map for your build with the SERT and make a pull on the dyno to give you a printout. SO......tell them you want a pull done with the canned map for your build ......then tune it from there with the SERT and show you the difference....it wont be a lot ....but will be different. Should have a better AF ratio line .
They load the canned map with the SERT.....you break it in for ?????? miles...take it back..they make a pull .....then tune it and show you the improvements....got it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts