V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a delivery date of 7 november after being pushed back once from October after placing order in august. Now i'm told another 3 weeks which pushes it to December!!. GM had to call SPOC (single point of contact) at factory to ask why and they would not confirm anything as fact although the GM suspects supply problems as the reason. If any one works there and knows the true story or if anyone has the inside 'scoop' please PM me with the details, I would LOVE to know.

All who have taken delivery of an 06 dyna already, consider yourself lucky.

tic-toc-tic-toc...lol

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
call around maybe they're yanking your chain a bit. I'd call ben breece HD 419-523-4274
honest people, will tell you what's going on, and maybe have a dyna for you.

good luck.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Bet it's that bearing issue...of course then I could be wrong...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt they are yanking my chain but you never know...anyone else waitin for a dyna hearing the same thing??

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
blueballs said:
Had a delivery date of 7 november after being pushed back once from October after placing order in august. Now i'm told another 3 weeks which pushes it to December!!. GM had to call SPOC (single point of contact) at factory to ask why and they would not confirm anything as fact although the GM suspects supply problems as the reason. If any one works there and knows the true story or if anyone has the inside 'scoop' please PM me with the details, I would LOVE to know.

All who have taken delivery of an 06 dyna already, consider yourself lucky.

tic-toc-tic-toc...lol
My dealer has two '06 Wide Glides, a Street Bob and a Low Rider sitting on the showroom floor. They told me the Street Glide was the only bike they had trouble getting. I have noticed that the new '06 Dynas are very popular. I've seen several new WGs and people are going crazy over the Street Bob. They may have underestimated the popularity of these bikes.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
i was at 6 different dealers in the last 3 days...no shortage of any model...except black ultras

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am guessin' the dynas on the floor you describe have been there longer than 2-3 weeks and arent affected by what ever this is. The dealer here has not recieved any dynas since oct 25th or so.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
My Street glide was delayed a month from the factory. It was supposed to of been here begining of Oct. didn't show up until begining of Nov. But I have it now and it was worth the wait. Hope your new bike shows up soon, I know it stinks to wait.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JMS said:
? Delphi

JMS in TX
That's an excellent possibility with all the recent news about Delphi's bankruptcy and all. you never know.

I just hope i'm not being totally taken for a ride by the dealer. My bike is still under the same factory order # that was given to me when ordered so i am placing faith in what they are telling me.

If someone on this board reports that their dyna came in this week or next, i'll then know either i was lied to or the unknown problem was fixed sooner than quoted/estimated

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Went to my local dealer today to pick up some bits that i ordered about a week ago.At that time,i was there when a lady picked up her anniversary SG and i heard the salesman say he could have sold that bike 20 times over that week.
Today I noticed all the dynas were gone and i commented to one of the salesman "looks like you've had a good week" he said "Yep,and we aren't likely to get anymore dynas till late Feb."
I asked him why and he said the 2006 dyna range has been an unexpected sales success,then he went on and listed all the new features that were attracting the increase in sales and then said "the moco is not keeping up with the demand."
Seems like JamieWG is right.

·
Registered
561 Posts
New Transmission Woes

Supposedly H-D has issued a recall on '06 Dynas because people are getting false neutrals on the new 6 speed trans.

·
Registered
265 Posts
kslg said:
Supposedly H-D has issued a recall on '06 Dynas because people are getting false neutrals on the new 6 speed trans.
Getting enough of the "recall" parts could be what's causing the delay...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well hell, The 3 week delay has come and gone now. If i dont get the bike before christmas then i will just keep my 02 lowrider and tell them to KMA!!

The 06 dynas are tainted bikes now and will always be remembered by this recall as well as the 15K mile interval innner primary bearing replacement. I'm a fool really for giving them till christmas to come through after waiting since aug. 15

·
BlueSkiesandTailwinds
188 Posts
blueballs said:
well hell, The 3 week delay has come and gone now. If i dont get the bike before christmas then i will just keep my 02 lowrider and tell them to KMA!!

The 06 dynas are tainted bikes now and will always be remembered by this recall as well as the 15K mile interval innner primary bearing replacement. I'm a fool really for giving them till christmas to come through after waiting since aug. 15
I'd hold onto your 02' if I were you. The first year for anything is always "cursed". I would guess if the factory is behind and then who knows what they do to "speed things up".

I'm sure your 02' has been a reliable, good ride. Hang on to it for a while!

Later:beer:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dc3plt said:
I'd hold onto your 02' if I were you. The first year for anything is always "cursed". I would guess if the factory is behind and then who knows what they do to "speed things up".

I'm sure your 02' has been a reliable, good ride. Hang on to it for a while!

Later:beer:
You're right- she has been flawless, only the horn failed and that was just recently. 02 is also the last year when the moco used the heavy duty Timken bearings on the bottom end.

I always thought the new model years would be areas for improvement, not degradation. If HD isnt carefull, they will be in the same boat they were in back in the early 80's-phucked!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Think back to the '05 when they redesigned the valve guides and seals. Holy oil consumption for the first half model year.

I'd wait a year for that cruise drive trans. to get good and road tested. :chopper:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts