V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas for putting some air in these without the progressive tool , which will take 6-7 weeks to get to the UK at a reasonable price, tried all sorts of pumps (bicycle) not enough thread on the shock valves,

Regards
99 FLH
mark

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
In a bind, I have taken the nut off the air filler nipple, then taken it out from behind the mounting bracket. I had enough thread then to add some air. Carefull, easy to overfill. Worked for me ????

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thealien,

Thanks , I adopted the same approach last night (late!), however!, I add air with bicycle pump, not too much, but if I press the valve release there seems to be no release of air, this is concerning me, I am thinking there is such a small volume of air, that just removing the air connector from the valve is letting all the air out, comments would be apreciated,

Mark

·
Registered
305 Posts
mpjsols said:
Thealien,

I am thinking there is such a small volume of air, that just removing the air connector from the valve is letting all the air out, comments would be apreciated,

Mark
I'm betting your correct. Sorry, don't have an answer for you on how to keep some air in there without the zero-loss type fitting other than stop by a peddle bike shop somewhere and buy a cheap tire inflating pump with this type of connector on it.

Having another thought here....(scarey LOL).....I think you could set your garage air compressor regulator to something like 10 lbs or so and just bump the air in with a regular tire inflator.......I'd go real quick, as you said, there is little volumn in the shock system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts