V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for my 03 Fat Boy, I'm planning modifications to do on the bike once I get it. One of the things I'd like to do is to lower it. I read a notice of a new type of suspension from Zodiac that is air controlled. It is called Legend Air Suspension Kit.

The spec sheet claims "This 100% air bag suspension system with built in dampening offers an unequalled ride quality for one or two up riding. The on-board air compressor with 150 PSI capacity allows you to lower the bike 3 inches from stock height in seconds. With the compressor you can adjust the shocks to the rider while eliminating bottoming out." Sounds great to me and should be superior to a fixed lowering kit.

Anybody here with experience from such system? And what about lowering just the back? Does it it look strange with a lowered back and a standard height front?

·
Registered
312 Posts
They look cool if you can afford them. (maybe they will finance them one day) I have heard some that love the ride and some that hate it. But there are several threads here about them if you search, basically come down to good product and *hit customer service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, these are around 250 Euro (225 USD). A bargin compared to 700 USD which I saw here somewhere for a similar product.

Why do some hate them? Are they less comfortable?

·
Registered
312 Posts
We are talking about different things Legend Air Suspension Kit is nearly $3000 USD.

But yes I have heard some found the ride to rough.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It is $1600 black and $1800 chrome......I can't believe any air system is available for $225.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 2000 Heritage Classic was giving my back problems when I rode it. When I rode a Road King, my back was much better. I decided to install the Legend because I really liked the Heritage and wanted to keep it. I had a lot of problem dialing it in until I disregarded the guage and went by feel -- reading the guage did not help at all. Without exact pressure readings, it was almost impossible to adjust for two up riding and find the original setting again. With the softail system you can only add air when you are off the bike but you can lower the air while riding. It was very easy to let too much air off and get a bone jaring ride. If air could be added on the go it would be relatively easy to get the correct setting but it was a pain to stop, get off the bike, add air and still possibly not have the right amount. Getting on and off the bike changed the pressure indication. It would also change after riding the bike. The placement of the guage caught one of my friends(5'8") in the leg -- I am 6' and it was fine for me. I would only install one on a custom -- it would be mainly for looks, the ride is not good with the bike lowered down. IMHO the improvement to the ride was not worth the price. If a bad back is your problem, the Legend probably won't solve it. For me, going to a Road Glide did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fucked up price

After a new price inquiry it's obvious they totally mislead me last time. It's ten times up, or around 2500 USD, which to me sounds just unbelievable. Is there a market with such pricing? Sorry, and just forget I ever brought it up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:D they need to start writing loans for them huh.......
bike payment
insurance payment
suspension payment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts