V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put put an after market air ride on my 2001 RK. I have the Bagger Shock on order (and paid for) but it has been 4 months. Does anyone have any good experiences with any of the other manufacturers?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I use Arnott Aldan air ride....Love it!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yup, I have the Arnott air system and love it! It seems like whatever type of road I'm on, with the wife or not, I can find a setting that smoothes everything out. When I get off, I drop all the air out of the system and it makes mounting and dismounting a lot easier with my old knees.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Arnott myself

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you find the Arnott to be better/more reliable than the Ledgend or just less costly.

Carl

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I went with Arnott due to the price, I am quite pleased with them. The compressor works fast, from full down to 2/3 way up is about 5 sec. I went with the 11 way adjustable, $1099. No idea how the other model is, I imagine its fine if you dont care about adjustability.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I asked the question about air ride on this site. Many reccommended Arnott. (Aldan not bilstien)....I found a real deal on a new set-up and bought it....I love the ride..I can NOT comment on the Legends for a touring bike, as I have not tried them. I did have the Legends air ride on my Fatboy...It was a good ride as well....Get the optional guage to see what pressure you like...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ohlins FTW!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Arnott Aldan's
I will tell you something though try and find a good gauge with some range from 25 to 120 psi this setup is very touchy and 2 psi makes a big difference.
I bought a liquid filled gauge from LEGEND so it would fit in the place of my air temp gauge in the batwing fairing $180.00 and it's a piece of **** it's so small and the increment's are too close together to see where the hell you are at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got my Bagger Shock with no directions. Everyone is on board with the Arnott system. Hopefully, this works out for me. I'll post a review when the system is on.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I dont use or need a pressure guage, I lower the shock to the stop then fill for 5 sec., works for me. With the wife, I count to 7.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
My gauge is mounted on the right side just below seat in front of side panel. I air up when sitting on bike. If I'm riding and it feels a little stiff or soft, I adjust accordingly. I also have the control switches mounted on left handlebar. I can make instant changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts