V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the thread about keeping the air ride seat. I get the impression that it moves you back some. I'm 5'2 I have a rk classic saddle right now. I have legend air shocks. So now I think I may be able to do the ar seat. What do you guys think. Are my arms to short to reach the stock handle bars?
Get this, I already have two compressors on my bike...Air horn and legends..guess another wouldn't hurt huh?
Your input would be appreciated.
Shrty

·
Registered
729 Posts
shrtyonaflht said:
I was reading the thread about keeping the air ride seat. I get the impression that it moves you back some. I'm 5'2 I have a rk classic saddle right now. I have legend air shocks. So now I think I may be able to do the ar seat. What do you guys think. Are my arms to short to reach the stock handle bars?
Get this, I already have two compressors on my bike...Air horn and legends..guess another wouldn't hurt huh?
Your input would be appreciated.
Shrty
Hey Shrty!

First, have you gone back to using the stabilizer? Email me how that is going so far.

Second to answer the questions.

There is no compressor for the cop air seat, it runs on a reserve bottle that the rider has to preadjust. The bottles traditionally are mounted to the back of the license plate bracket but can be moved to other locations.

The saddle did not move me back, but more of an up. My inseam is 34" and depending on the boots, I might not have had full weight on my heels. If your bike is lowered, you can subtract that amount from the inseam. I cannot comment on arm length, but surely if you needed more pullback - there could be replacement bars to accomadate.

A good way to check is either find a cop bike at a dealer that still has the saddle and sit on one or find a local cop that will allow you to try setting on theirs. I know the downtown Nashville cops allow folks to set on theirs on 2nd Ave during club night to take photos and such.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stabilizer is still off. thinking of different ways to mount it. I'm going with traxxion this winter. Probably put it back on then.
Well if it doesn't move me back then it should work. With the Legends height should'nt be a problem

·
Registered
371 Posts
it does in fact move you up and forward. when i had stk bars on my 98rk, i wasnt comfy on long rides until i went with the police seat.

·
Registered
729 Posts
shrtyonaflht said:
Stabilizer is still off. thinking of different ways to mount it. I'm going with traxxion this winter. Probably put it back on then.
Well if it doesn't move me back then it should work. With the Legends height should'nt be a problem
Cool on the traxxion. Please keep me posted on how that works out. I have a fellow long distance rider that complained his front forks were lacking because the were not adjustable like my old bike has.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to cvoharley.com where the rich kids hang you'll find a big thread on the traxxion set up. everyone there is 100% satisfied with it.
I'm gonna start hunting around for the air ride setup

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I've had about 5 different seats on my King. Police was the cheapest and definately the best. Because of that seat I kept my King.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts