792 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
gdkenoyer said:
probably depends on how close you stand to `em.

try a search on the following:
  • stebel
Go EBAY and search stebel. Sellers usually have link to hear sound.
I bought the chrome version. Very easy to install and not near as monsterous and most. You use the harley bracket and just need to extend the existing wires. Stealers sell a stebel altered with HD emblem for twice the price and want extra $ for unneeded mounting hardware.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I've got the Stebel air horn, bought from here:

http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=74

For 40 bucks they include the extra wiring and connectors to modify your existing connections. You can also hear a sound clip at that site. I mounted the horn inside the cow bell and ran a hose to the pump which I located under the seat. The relay also mounts under the seat to a ground lug there. It's a little bit of work but WELL worth it. The sound is incredibly loud and awesome. I just love hearing it, I'm constantly blowing it on the freeway. My buddy and I were gassing up and I hit it, he spilled gas all over his tank...scared the crap outta him.:harhar:
It will definitely get cagers attention.

·
Registered
287 Posts
"I mounted the horn inside the cow bell and ran a hose to the pump which I located under the seat."

Nice looking bike.
How did you seperate the compressor from the horn?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The original horn is bolted to a rubber bisquit. It is running through a 15 amp fuse. I just removed the old horn and extended orginal wires to it. I mounted this on HD's bracket. Looks better than trumpets for my tastes.
Sorry for fuzzy picture but my LcheapO digital doesn't eliminate shakes: Link http://www.picturetrail.com/howardri3

·
Registered
12 Posts
air horns

I put a mini-beast on my 1988 FLHS. Very easy installation. Sounds very loud: makes people jump back fast when they are drifting into my lane. I have had it over a year, so I am not sure of the price, but I think it was around $100. I believe it has increased my safety alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts