V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an AIR HORN today..... WOW.... nice & audible

It is the dual trumpet model from J&P Cycles called the "Little BIG horn"

fairly easy to install and works well ..... compressor fit easily under the left side cover and every thing hid nicely. Wiring was really easy

Now I just am waiting for a chance to use it.... :eek:

Mike

2003 Electra Glide Classic
Stage One
Vance & Hines Long Shots

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Hi Mike
I like the idea of a air horn :D Post a picture of your bike if you can, I would like to see them pipes from V/H :) Welcome to the board also.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have also been thinking of the air horn. I had a Rivco model on my Valk and that was one great horn. However, I would prefer a high volume horn that would still fit under the OEM cover. The closest thing I have found to match the volume of the air horn are horns offered on ridesafer.com. I bought some other stuff from them a while back and just revisited their site. I think the horn offerings are new. 125db is pretty loud, comparable to the air horns I think. Just a thought.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaybird....

I looked at a few and asked around a lot before buying the one I did. And my findings were quite varied except on one thing......

SEVERAL non related people said. " There are several good horns out there ....Just stay away from "Howard's Horn's""

Based on that I did not even look at them....these were trusted sources.

But do your home work..... and good luck....

I love mine....in looks and sound:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Loud Horns Save Lives

Not sure about Howards Horns, we use MetalArts.. great quality, good looking.. good customer support.. and very easy to install.. all parts already assembled..

HORN LINK ..This is link to horn sound two videos..very funny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts