V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did some carb work, adjustments, breather bolt reinstalls on my forcewinder for the sporty. I now hear a sucking noise which i could just swear is coming from the filter area of the air cleaner. is it truly so free flowing that it makes a sucking noise?

The bike is new to me and i did not ride it all too much before this work. Its a little annoying cause i can hear it suck, then the exhaust noise a microsecond after. sound normal?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whats up. Not sure what your set up is but my HSR42 make's all kinda noise.

You going to the Ride in bike show at South Seas Cycle on Sunday?
If so If you see me and my bike say whats up. Starts at 10:30

Cya.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a mikuni 45 on my bike.When I switched to a open style air cleaner, I noticed a ton of noise that I couldn't hear before.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
You could hear the air being sucked in through the filter on my sporty too.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
8-Ball said:
That is actually the sound of your dollars being drawn into your bike from your wallet.
I was waiting for someone to glaze that donut he left layin' around! :hystria:

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
flyin hawaiian said:
Whats up. Not sure what your set up is but my HSR42 make's all kinda noise.

You going to the Ride in bike show at South Seas Cycle on Sunday?
If so If you see me and my bike say whats up. Starts at 10:30

Cya.
I get all kinds of hiss when i get on the gas, even a little bit. I like it-- sounds like power! BTW, I hope to see you guys on the memorial ride for Domenic on Saturday. I grew up going to his shop...

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. so nice to see so many locals replyin. If it were a leak it would do a lot more than sounding like a sucking noise... it would just plain suck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts