V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question but here goes, I am thinking about adding one of those air cleaners with the K&N filter inside and the outer housing looks like and old hood scoop sideways with two round holes with flaps in them, and my question is how do they manage the water in a heavy rain and not allow water to go straight to the intake ???

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Rain no big deal really.
1 Paper filters cheap throw always most restrictive to flow
2. cotton with oil reusable for a long time if cared for less restrictive than paper when cleaned correctly .
3. fiber glass reusable for a long time wash with soap and water dry NO oil least restrictive and provides the highest flow for the longest time.
Many recommend the use of a sock with number 2 and 3 in heavy rain.
I have never had a problem in rain yet with either 2 or 3.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Man

I think I know the Housing you speak of, I just don't recall the name at the moment but,,, I personally would never use a unit with doors or flaps etc etc,,,, your choice however..

As far as rain..
All our motors run the 8" diameter open foam unit,, nothing at all between the foam and the "world" for protection.. Just a wire screen to hold the foam on and the small dogs out..

We've been caught many many times in heavy summer Monsoon storms in the flatlands and mountains of Arizona & NM for literally hundreds of miles at a time with never a bang, blurp, or burble from moisture in the system..
Sure makes that whiskey at the end of the day roll down sweet though..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question but here goes, I am thinking about adding one of those air cleaners with the K&N filter inside and the outer housing looks like and old hood scoop sideways with two round holes with flaps in them, and my question is how do they manage the water in a heavy rain and not allow water to go straight to the intake ???
Called a hypercharger this link is just to show it way over priced.
They look neat to some but do nothing to really increase power. They been around a long time and way over rated.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/360367238358?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts