V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying a couple methods of applying a calibrated amount of air into the shocks on my E-Glide, i figured there must be a better way. Between adding the air and measuring the pressure I still am not sure what the pressure is, but quite a bit of oil did escape which doesn't seem right. Am wondering what other methods do work well? Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got myself a regulator and a good pressure gauge, hooked up to my compressor
I set the regulator to the pressure I want to adjust my shocks to and use my tire chuck. This way you don't have to recheck it with a tire gauge and let most of it back out. Don't get carried away with big changes, if you need to raise the pressure alot go in a coulpe of small steps till you get what you need or you could blow your seals. Works great for tires too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The pump for adjusting the air shocks made by Progressive Suspension has a valve that doesn't leak when disconnecting. It's well worth the $40 or so. It allows very small adjustments in suspension pressure.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
I have one of them pumps and it works great :) Do get one, it will save you alot of greef :)

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
As previously mentioned, get one of the Progressive Suspension pumps made specifically for this application. Most dealers have them and most any indy shop will have them or can get them. A little bit of oil from the air valve is not unusual. A lot is a problem. The Progressive pumps have the gauge built in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I keep mine in my saddlebag so I can add a little air when passenger hops on. Never know when you might need to add a rider.

shooter

·
Registered
305 Posts
Velcro attach the Progressive pump to the inside lid of your saddle bag - then it's there when you open the lid to change air pressure.

Just a comment..........

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you guys talking about the Progressive "mini gauge pump" or do they have another? Used one years back and it worked great. Do they have an upgrade?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the responses, does anybody know if the Progressive Pump is anything like the one from Harley, 54630-03 , page 443 of the 2003 accessory book?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like the same thing. Probably just took the Progressive label off. If you'll notice, it also has a bleeder button to reduce pressure if needed. I bought mine @ the dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bugeater...

Like they all have been saying -get the Progressive Pump..and keep it in the bag - never know when you'll need to add for a passenger. Go to any dealer..they should stock 'em...good luck!

T-bone

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
It's exactly the same bugeater.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will be buying one this week, it will be nice to know the actual pressures for a change and the difference they make the ride. Thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts