V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the races today in Gainesville for the first time. Decided to blow off Daytona and the $99 leather jackets and crowds. What a rush those Nitro bikes are unreal. When they ran the finals it was just getting dark and the flames from the exhaust and 200+ 6 second runs were awesome. They had about 8 of the new V-Rod Defenders running also. They were running around 9.5s. If you haven't been and ever get the opportunity don't miss this show.

·
Registered
422 Posts
As far as the show goes-it is really worth it! NASCAR is boorrrrring-left turn, left turn, snooze! But if you go to an AHDRA event, you can get right down in the pits, see the teams thrash between rounds. You can get into the staging lanes and even close to the starting line if you can behave! The first time a Top Fuel bike does its burn out and you are less than 50 feet away you will know why it is so exciting! You can feel each time the cylinders fire in your chest! There are some really fast street bikes there also. We missed Gainseville this time due to just getting our motor back last Tues. We will be ready for Phoenix though. Nobody in Pro Mod cracked the 7's so we are still hoping to do that this year. Maybe see you in Atlanta later this season? Friday www.dyno-power.com

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll definately be in Commerce. There's a group of about 20 of us from Jax and Palatka going up. I agree Nascar is pretty boring compared to AHDRA. It's neat being able to go in the stagging area and pits and get up close look at the bikes. Seeing it on TV doesn't come near telling the real story. Best $20 I've spent in a long time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
we are planning on st luois for are small tire still waiting on parts just hoping to get into the show decently

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Awwww CRUD - we missed them!! Been meaning to get to Gainsville to check out the AHDRA races - I caught them a couple years ago in Rockingham, NC. I got to stand right at the starting line while one of the top fuel bikes ran - UN-F*CKIN-BELIEVABLE the power these things generate. Nothing like FEELING all that HP and getting a snootful of nitro.... WHOOOEEEEEE!!!! SCHWING!!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lady G they'll be in Commerce Georgia May 27th and 28th. Thats in your neighborhood sorta.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lady G.
Come to Commerce and look us up. We will be in the Pro Mod pits. Yellow and red flamed dragbike w/DYNO-POWER on the side. www.dyno-power.com
I am the handsome lookin' bald guy! Friday

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Friday1 said:
Lady G.
Come to Commerce and look us up. We will be in the Pro Mod pits. Yellow and red flamed dragbike w/DYNO-POWER on the side. www.dyno-power.com
I am the handsome lookin' bald guy! Friday
LOL! Hey thanks! And you too Marvin - I appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Just when I get Lady G out of my mind she pops up again. Why do you torture me this way honey?

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
fxdl raw said:
Just when I get Lady G out of my mind she pops up again. Why do you torture me this way honey?
LOL! It's in the job description... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts