Votes: 881 36.7%
  • 60+ (ancient)

Votes: 374 15.6%
1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious to know what's the age of most geezer glide owners. This includes all bikes in the touring family. This poll is not public so your name will not be revealed. So..how old is ya??

Me...I'm 26.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
31, bought at 28. For me if you do any serious riding its the way to go. Though I know some who are tougher then me.

Also if you ride your bike day to day it makes a big difference.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
54. It's my daily driver. 'Course my RK was too, but my butt is happier now!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got a seat so damn big I have to keep my detachable tour pak on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I get that "Geezer Glide" crap all the time and I just smile.:thumbsup: Every ride I've been on, long or short, I get, "Man I've got to get me one of those!" I met a 24 year old with an Ultra a couple months ago, said he liked to jam while he rides.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Sarge12R said:
I get that "Geezer Glide" crap all the time and I just smile.:thumbsup: Every ride I've been on, long or short, I get, "Man I've got to get me one of those!" I met a 24 year old with an Ultra a couple months ago, said he liked to jam while he rides.

I hear ya! Was on my "Geezer Glide" tonight jammin to some Aerosmith when this hot blonde in a rag top stang pulled up next to me at a red light, gave me a big I wanna ride on your bike smile and said nice bike and great music!! I LOVE MY GEEZER GLIDE!
:Banadance

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
Does that seat make ur a$$ look fat? :coffee:
Not mine but the bikes.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bought my geezer glide at 31 (32 now).

Funny thing, almost everyone I ride with (AZFal is the exception) has moved from the other rides to either a Road King or EG now. I just heard the latest, a friend of mine on a Sporty 1200 (04) just bought a RK Custom.

!drunk!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
22 year old Road Glider here. It's my daily driver when I'm in the states. That shark-nose fairing, some soft lowers and I'm rockin' year round. Had smaller bikes with no fairing or windshield, or 'bags for that matter. I needed to upgrade to allow me to put on the kind of miles I wanted to. I average about 1K miles a month when I'm stateside. I love this bike.
-Orion

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
33 here........and never going back to anything else.

I did this same poll on the Delphi forums.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
53 ...started with a RK 3 years ago cause my built dyna was beatin me up on long rides. Moved to an 05 CVO-Eglide...dumped the dyna..got a Night Train to ride on those days when all the body parts are workin right.

"fat people are hard to kidnap"

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
How many people still ride a smaller bike? I've though about getting one for zipping around town. But don't know if I would ever ride it. Was thinking building a softail, or rebuilding high mileage one.
Think about maybe an enduro now. Atleast this week.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Make sure you get an enduro. Don't try to relive your glory days w/ a motocross bike. I've got a KX250 to tide w/ my daughter on her XL100, and they've become much more high-strung over the years...
Beat you up on trail rides, too.
I'm old.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Make sure you get an enduro. Don't try to relive your glory days w/ a motocross bike. I've got a KX250 to tide w/ my daughter on her XL100, and they've become much more high-strung over the years...
Beat you up on trail rides, too.
I'm old.
You got that right. A few years ago I picked up a KDX not KX model. Much more suited to trail/enduro riding. The KX line is way too peaky for trails.

But, back on topic now. I'm 49 and picked up an Ultra back in November of '05. This was in addition to my '04 FXSTI that I still own and have no intention of selling. I love both. The Softail will become my day-tripper and commuter while the Ultra will be used mainly for trips and 2up riding. They both have their own qualities.

Tom

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just turned 65. Started out with a '53 Hydra-Glide when I was 18. Then had 2 '68 EG's, one had a side car, then an '87 EG and now the '01 Ultra which was triked at 20k after dropping it in Canada with my wife on board and loaded down......

1 - 20 of 654 Posts