V-Twin Forum banner

801 - 820 of 844 Posts

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
he made personal comments not official rulings. Let us hope he continues.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
CAPITAL MURDER INVESTIGATION STILL OPEN, COPS SAY

Waco – When District Attorney Abel Reyna ordered the arrest of everyone wearing a motorcycle club patch or the patch of a supporter club, he aborted a capital murder investigation that is still open, according to a top cop.

Robert Lanning, acting Waco Chief of Police on May 17, 2015, told lawyers today that if it had been his decision to make, he would not have arrested en mass every person at Twin Peaks following a police massacre of bikers fighting with fists and guns.

As the day-long hearing of a motion to disqualify District Attorney Abel Reyna and members of his staff unfolded, testimony revealed now retired Chief of Police Brent Stroman allowed the DA to make all decisions as to how to proceed with arrests and charging suspects after Reyna told him in a long distance phone call that he could stand before a judge and jury and convict every person who attended a political meeting that erupted in gunfire and fist fighting.

Stroman testified that he thought Reyna meant he could obtain convictions for capital murder, and he gave his consent.

Further testimony from police officers who were there at Twin Peaks Restaurant and at an impromptu emergency headquarters at the Waco Convention Center revealed that none of the persons detained for questioning had been advised of their rights under the law against self incrimination.

When Assistant District Attorney Mark Parker discovered this, he said, he was surprised. He agreed with Reyna’s attorney that any information thus obtained would have been rendered “worthless” in prosecution.

“They appeared to us to be under arrest because they were wearing zip ties (temporary handcuffs)…It didn’t appear to us they were free to leave.”

They had not been read their procedural rights and their statements were not recorded, he declared.

One busload of Cossacks and their supporters had been transported by city bus to Lacy Lakeview for release and another filled with Bandidos and their supporters were hauled to the Lorena Police Department.

Reyna testified that the police felt it was necessary to separate them by miles due to a threat of further violence.

At that point, Parker said, Reyna, First Assistant Prosecutor Michael Jarrett, Assistant DA Sterling Harmon and he called the investigators into a room to get everyone on “the same page.”

Those who had been released were called back and arrested, and the decision to arrest all who wore patches of Bandidos, Cossacks or their support clubs was put into motion.

Assistant Chief Lanning testified that none of the assistant chiefs agreed, and that no one in law enforcement agreed with the decision, either.

In rambling, hostile testimony, an angry Reyna mumbled that “I do not recall that…” to most questions put to him by F. Clinton Broden, attorney for Matthew Clendennen of the Scimitars support club of the Cossacks, and Abigail Anastasio, attorney for Ray Nelson of the Hill County Cossacks.

In response to Anastasio’s questioning about his exposure to liability both professional and personal in civil rights suits, he fairly shouted, “I don’t care if you take the food out of my son’s mouth. I’m not worried about the threat of a lawsuit. I’ve read the lawsuit. I can tell you the allegations are false…I don’t care. I’m going to do the right thing.”

When the lawyers tried to call attorneys representing Reyna on behalf of the Texas Association of Counties, the lead litigator objected on grounds of attorney-client privilege.

54th Criminal District Judge Matt Johnson sidestepped the issue in public exposure by ordering the attorneys to ask their questions in writing in order to learn if McLennan County taxpayers will be liable for judgments in excess of the $500,000 liability insurance covers, or if Reyna will be personally liable.

He ordered them to brief their cases and turn them in .

Knowledgeable observers predicted a ruling should come within two months.

http://radiolegendary.com/2016/08/he-gave-abel-reyna-the-keys-to-his-badge/

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Slowly we move toward this idiot getting his. And the people that elected the incompetent nuts get to pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Don't like saying it but the real criminals in this case appear to be the authorities. This whole deal stinks to high heaven.
You hit that one right on the head!!!

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
From the article:

"The Waco Tribune-Herald (http://bit.ly/2p5OpBJ ) reports McLennan County prosecutors are sharing massive amounts of evidence with defense attorneys while awaiting tests on DNA samples from the shootout that killed nine people and wounded 20 others."

This is a blatant evidence dump. For those not in the know, that's when prosecutors back up 2 semi-trucks and deposit several tons of boxed "evidence" for the defense attorneys to sort through in order to find the actual evidence that needs to be addressed. Usually happens in the last 48-72 hours before trial. Nice that the press is trying to make out how cooperative the prosecution is being. :laugh: And does anyone actually think they are awaiting DNA results more than 2 years later?

The travesty here is that the wrongful arrest/imprisonment lawsuits for the majority of the 180+ people arrested on xeroxed warrants have been indefinitely stayed by the crony judge until after the criminal trials are concluded. Since the prosecutor (former law partner of the judge) has refused to take them to trial this may have the effect of prohibiting anyone from holding these hacks accountable (given statute of limitations issues).

Naturally, no one in the MSM or anywhere else cares about this since it's just a bunch of biker gang members (most of the people arrested had nothing to do with the 2 clubs involved except maybe a support patch). Many didn't even show up until it was over and still got arrested. If it had been a bunch of "minority" folks arrested, it would still be front page news.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
McLennan County doesn't have enough money to close the lid on that Pandora's box.

This guy gets it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
This is gonna make one hell of a screenplay when dust finally settles on this cluster****. Hope I live long enough to see it.

http://www.agingrebel.com/15713

Finally some traction. Gonna be some rich Texans in the years to come. Not one minute of time will be recouped and that is the tragedy.
I'm still waiting for McClennan county to drop the hammer and say it's the Feds fault.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Jury deadlocked after an afternoon of deliberations in the trial of chapter president Carrizal. Back at it at 9am local time.

Multiple suits filed to disqualify prosecutors in future trials.

Should be real interesting from today moving forward regarding all things related to Twin Peaks-Waco.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just a damn shame what has gone on and for far too long. The wheels of justice have been frozen in place for two and a half years now.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
RICO charges are easy to prosecute and difficult to defend. Looks like the biggest crimes Carrizal committed were wearing a patch, suggesting his friends bring guns and not running from a fight that threatened the lives of his father and uncle.

It is undisputed fact he did not kill anyone. He is not responsible for and should not be on trial for Rhyne's death.

Acquittal would be logical. I don't expect logic to play a hand in the outcome of this trial.

801 - 820 of 844 Posts